Wolverines, Spartans Win

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by bezeach, Sep 2, 2006.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

No UConn on this list? :)

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Moved to football forum.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The UConn women would be at the top of my list.

The Men's team along with Kentucky would probably be 9 and 10, some other teams in the middle.

4. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

EARLY SCORE (1st Quarter):

[​IMG] 20 [​IMG] 6

and unfortunately, Michigan state already won...

5. bezeach

Looks like Michigan is going to roll, they're up 42-21 in the 4th Quarter... Big win for Michigan!

and the Fighting Irish got what they deserve, a loss, and no #2 rating anymore!

:gun1::gun1::gun1: [​IMG]

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Congrats to the Wolverines for laying an absolute BEATDOWN on the Irish in South Bend! ND for the national title, Quinn for the Heisman...NOT!

:djparty:

7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

dang, michigan looked incredibly hungry and quick from start to finish today. there's a lesson for the pistons if they saw the game. humiliating losses and overall record last year. come back and quietly but firmly kick some azz...

and you can really see the speed and conditioning on the defense. also good to see henne looking confident again and airing it out, especially after that first pick.

woodley's fumble return was absolutely priceless!

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm surprised the Sparty fans are not in here. How did the "B" team make out today anyways?

9. ggazoo69

I'm trying to imagine Stanton in UM's offense. I like that. I feel sorta bad for MSU next week. The Irish are gonna be pissed after turning the ball over five times and getting thumped by UM. I think UM played great defensively. Forced five turnovers in their crib. Nice. Glad MSU shrugged off early struggles to beat up on Pitt. Both Michigan teams are 3-0.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL. Alright. I'll take the bait. :fishing:

Well, your true colors and allegiences just came out.

I'm kinda glad U of M won. Now I don't have to listen to the whining and crying about why U of M lost. Always the same thing:

(1) The refs cheated us.

(2) The coaching sucked.

Seriously, the main thing I don't like about U of M is how they always claim how the MSU game matters nothing to them. That's a bold faced lie and we all know it. Just more of that arrogance act. When they lose they accuse MSU of cheating or claim they didn't try.

Anyhow,we all know if they played a real team like Oklahoma, Texas, Miami or USC in a bowl game or regular season game (I don't know how those teams are doing this year but you get my point) Michigan would get a butt kicking. They can mess with MSU but it's not like anyone other than OSU or U of M is any good at football in the Big Ten anyhow most years.

U of M is overrated every year. They will win a few games and maybe lose to OSU and for sure lose their bowl game. They are a top 20 team. Nothing more. Notre Dame is pretty good but it's not like Notre Dame was as good as their ranking.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Notre Dame did not look like a top 15 team today. Their secondary defense was suspect, the ground defense looked spotty and if not for a an interception, a conservative Prevent D staged by the coaching staff at the end of the half it could have been 34-0 at the half.

The only score they frightened Irish got in the second half was the result of three BS:bs: calls that helped them down the field and eventually into the endzone early in the 4th quarter.

Lets hope that MSU beats up the Irish nest week and puts an end to the Brady Quinn for Heisman hype:puke:

Meanwhile, maybe Michigan has a decent year now that they have gotten over this hump.

12. ggazoo69

UM is overrated every year, but I think that's more of a problem with the national media than with UM fans overrating them.

13. ggazoo69

Stanton should be licking his chops after seeing what UM's O did against the Irish. Either that, or MSU is in big trouble as the Irish seeks revenge for how the Spartans have dominated them over the recent years.

14. Darth Tater

Given the way U of M fans complain about the Wolverines performance year in and year out I think the media isn't the only one with expectations set too high.

15. Darth Tater

MSU usually beats the Irish.

I honestly fully expect MSU to fall flat on their faces this year. But I'll be hoping.

16. ggazoo69

Obviously, Notre Lame is beatable. MSU can beat them. I expect a close Vegas line on this one.

17. bezeach

The wolverines won 27-13 over Wisconsin. The Michigan State game is currently in progress. Its the 3rd quarter with the Spartans winning 31-21.

18. Darth Tater

37-21. Good thing that kickoff return was called back.

But it ain't over.

The bad weather should help.

19. ggazoo69

John L. must recruit speed as this Spartan team is fast. The MSU offense is so much more fun to watch than the plodding, conservative UM crap that Lloyd puts out every year.

I hope MSU can keep up its momentum this season. They have Ohio State in East Lansing this season and I'd love to see them win that one. Problem is the Spartans always seem to implode in the middle of the season. With Michigan on Oct. 7 and the Buckeyes the week after, that is tough scheduling for the Spartans. And they get so worked up for the Michigan game that I suspect a letdown against Ohio State might happen. That being said, I think the Sparties can definitely beat the Wolvies this season, but the Wolvies defense is much better this season. Stanton could be running for his life in Ann Arbor.

Would love to see MSU get worked up for more than just the Notre Dame and Michigan games every season.

20. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

MSU has to get fired up for the Michigan and Notre Dame games. Their season is usually pretty much over by the mid way point of the season. I mean, when is the last time they won the Big Ten?

But seriously, either Notre Dame was WAY over-ranked, or MSU was WAY under-ranked.

And U of M's offense may be predictable, and conservative, and run based, ball control, and all of that.. but when it is working, it is beautiful. And when it's not working, it doesn't kill them. On the other the hand, a big, high flying, run and chuck offense, creates, big exciting plays when it's working, and sloppy turnovers and exposes the weaknesses of your players when it's not.

Not to mention that no one brings up defense very often when they talk about MSU.