Wondering on a few things

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Cardono, May 27, 2014.

1. max

max All-Star

they are getting arrogant, they don't even see a need to tank anymore. Just think they will walz right into the #1 every year. That my friend is the weakness we need to expoit.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Add lebron to their team of number 1 picks and its dynasty time.

3. Cardono

Cardono Second Round Draft Pick

Pshhh, only dynasy cavaliers will have is of having most first picks and never getting close to winning (a finals sweep doesn't count(

4. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

A dollar says Embiid has Odenesque injury issues his entire career.

5. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Here is what I hope SVG does this off-season:

Trade Jennings for a late first rounder or a young player (take back as little salary as possible). It doesn't feel too unrealistic. Jennings is on a decent contract, and some contender might pick him up. Perhaps the Bulls? Or Pacers?

Then sign Patty Mills for $4-5M/year. I think he's a good fit for the type of PG we need. IMO, we don't need a very ball dominant guard. Just someone who can get the ball to Monroe/Drummond/KCP and space the floor with a great jump-shot. If we later find someone better, we can always move him to a bench-role, where he have shown he's very effective.

Then perhaps add a bulldog defender like Sefolosha to the bench, who you can throw at anyone at the perimeter positions. He had a pretty bad year offensively, so I bet OKC isn't too keen on paying him much. They also have younger players emerging, like Lamb.

Last but not least, figure out what do to with Josh Smith. Right now, he's arguably our most skilled player. He's not a SF though. I want SVG to keep him until we know what Monroe is heading. Smith/Drummond have potential for a great defensive tandem. However, I would much rather stick with Monroe as our PF of the future.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  6. max

max All-Star

I just dont see him wanting to play with a bunch of kids. Vets usually want to play with other vets.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He'll get some ring chasers to take huge pay cuts and donate their services to him.