1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

WORLD SERIES!!!!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by detteam, Oct 14, 2006.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Who would have thought a year ago that the Tigers would get to the end of the road! :)

2. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

A.L. CHAMPIONS! Magglio is the man. No one even game the Tigers a chance. Detroit is electric right now!!!

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:p_welldone: Whhoooo Hoooo!
    Let's go Tigers!:party:

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Whether it's the Mets or the Cardinals...there's a story with both.

No one has knocked off both NY teams chasing a baseball title.

St. Louis is 1968 re-visited.

Are we in the sports capitol of the WORLD or what? :)

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

That we are, that we are. What a great ending. Maggs hits a homer to tie it in the 6th and then tattoes one to end it. Sublime.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Definitely the Detroit sports teams are winners and keep the fans happy.

Good that Ordonez, the butt of many at the Detnews Tiger Forum the past month finally comes thru with both the tying homerun as well as the Walkoff-ALCS-pennant winning 3 run homer!! There was no doubt that both were gone when they left the bat. He earned all of his $$$millions in this one game. The dramatics of doing it as a walkoff blast was in contrast to last Saturdays game where the Tigs built the big lead and coasted home with the fans counting it down to the last out.

Lets hope that the week off doesn't affect the momentum here. One advantage is Sean Casey and Joel Zumaya should be both healed by then.

The baseball fans across the USA will be rooting for the Tigers. However I think the both Fox and ESPN sports wil be rooting for the NY Mets if the get in there and then it is a tossup if they will pulling for Leyland or long suffering LaRusso if the cardinals get in there.

Go Get eim Tigers!!!

:dancingparty: :rockon:

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Why do you think the Tigers will be the fan faves across the league? Because they are underdogs and a great story?

I am totally pumped up!

Honestly, I figured the Yanks would sweep us and Oakland would beat us in 7.

Now I think...no...lemme not Jinx us.

Go Get em' Tigers!!!!

:dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty::dancingparty:

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I want to lay claim as the number 1 Tiger Fan in the PISTONFORUM family. nobody spent more time at Michigan and Trumbell than I did(skipping classes at cass Tech) and I am sossoso happy and 10 times more happy than when the Pistons or Wings won. This was so UNEXPECTED! ..:winner_first_h4h:

9. Darth Tater

I dunno. I think my vote for forum Tiger fan of the year goes to Bezeach. He wrote about them almost every day.:winner_first_h4h::nod:

Gazoo and Dre wrote a lot too.

10. LA Dre

The Tigers have been number one in the Fox fans poll all season and are still there.

FOX Sports - MLB - MLB FAN POLL: Make your vote count

Its a feel good story since the prior to the All Star game and the fans across the uSa ars pulling for the Tigs just like the did with the Sox of 04 and 05.

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

lol, MY lORD......WE NEED THIS MANY SITHS!!

12. Darth Tater

lmao. I think our numbers are growing.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Thats because I actually WORK for a living...and I have worked 55 STRAIGHT days without a day off! Im the Cal ripken of TimeWarner Cable...its all i can do to open a beer after work...

14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I hope it is the Mets because it is bad enough having to listen to Tim McCarver on FOX, yet allow seeing tapes from the 68 World Series with him squatting and catching Bob Gibson's fastball with his eyes closed!!

Actually it would be nice to see some tapes from that World Series. The Tigers were the definite underdogs and Mick rode his bike into history with 3 wins.

15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Uh, I may have been there more than you, skipping class at HPHS........I am feeling the Tigers right now, big time...........I just ordered my replica Tiger jersey and will be sporting it next week.

I can imagine what it feels like in Detroit right now. That`s what I miss most about not being in Detroit - when one of the sports teams wins a ship. The last time I experienced that was when I was a kid; it was the Tigers beating the Cardinals in 7, in `68

I said when the Tigers went up on the Yankees that they would win it all, and I`m sticking with it.

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

Lolich was awesome! McLain was disappointing during that series...but somewhere in my basement archives I have a baseball signed by Denny at Universal Mall in Warren.

A little nostalgia while we wait:

When Denny McLain stood baseball on its ear

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

LET'S GO TIGERS!!!!

18. LA Dre

I grew up with Tigers thru the 67 riot :gun1:pennant drive and the Roley Poley Mickey Lolich series wins in 68. I too left school early back in the fall on 72, my senior year at Cass Tech to walk down a couple of blocks over to Michigan & Trumbell to watch Mayo Smith's Tigers battle Campy Campaneris, Joe Rudi, Reggie Jackson and the rest of what would become the Dynasty known as the Oakland A's.

When the Tigs won the series in 84, I was already in California and had no one to discuss the game with other than calling my ole man on the phone long distance chatting with him about it. Now he enjoys games from above. :rip: so it was good to see the Tiger success and have the opportunity to relive my youth with all of you local and transplanted Tiger fans through the age of the internet and this fabulous forum and the other one over at the Detnews:nod:

Bless you boys! :hail:
    Sock it to em Tigers:whoo:
    Go Get-em Tigers:cheers:

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

GO Tigers!

I had to go to a birthday party but found myself isolated with the TV tuned to the game, and the second the last pitch left Street's hand, I knew it was gunna score runs.

Great finish by Mags.

It seems like the playoffs have shut up a lot of people who cry about Inge, Mags, even Polanco almost shutting it down for the year, Leyland, Granderson, Casey...

Pudge of course has been really bad, but maybe he is saving his best for the World Series. We can only hope!

If anyone has news about Casey please post it.

20. Darth Tater

I saw another article this morning also (can't find it), but he said he plans to play for sure! The pitcher with the sore wrist will also be back for sure.

Notes "Polanco extended his postseason hitting streak to nine games, dating to the 2001 playoff with St. Louis. ... Tigers 1B Sean Casey, who missed most of the series because of a torn calf, said he expects to play in the World Series opener".

Tigers 6, Athletics 3 - MLB - Yahoo! Sports