Would The Pistons Perform Better If The Whining/Bone Head Tech Fouls Cease

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Mar 25, 2007.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

STOP IT! Or I'll have to express my conclusion and BillL will be ALL over me for blaming the coach! :sssh: :stirthepot:

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah...Rip hasn't been himself since Cweb got comfortable here...new 'game plan'? :yellowprison:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, Rip is real ticked off because he doesn't take enough mid range jumpers. :nerd2: It's all Saunders fault. :nerd2: Rip isn't responsible for his own behaviour. :nerd2:

What has happened is that Rip, like Ben, CB, Sheed have a sense of entitlement.

Deal with it folks. The team has changed personality from the moment they came back after winning a championship.

I'm not saying it isn't deserved, but that they do their talking with their mouths instead of their game. Legit superstars take it out on their opponent, and don't play mind games with themselves.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Started last year with Ben and continues. You can get a good sense of how arrogant this team has become by the way they are playing at home. Not much continuous energy on defense, offensive rebounds (which takes excessive amounts of energy) is lacking, offensive movement has settled on jump shots and they no longer own the fourth quarter.

Too much talent riding on complacency and turning it on a pin-wheel during the playoffs hoping for 60 foot miracle shots won't win you the championship.

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

So...if I get you right...you're saying Rip isn't legit?

Soooo, let's see here:

1) we had a 4 time DPOY with a HUGE work ethic and multiple All-Star appearances...left disgruntled to an EC foe

2) we have our leading scorer with a HUGE work ethic and 2 All-Star appearances...suddenly coming unglued just before the playoffs

And look how close we came in 05 with those guys under LB. I see a common denominator here and it ain't the 04 ring. How many superstars will Flip infuriate or burn out (KG) before you start to wonder what the deal is?

The real problem is that the players don't respect him.

6. roscoe36

Sorry detteam. I ain't buying.

Why did we only win 54 games in LB's second season? Wasn't that a more confident and disciplined team with a full season of Sheed?

Didn't LB himself say, "I never thought I would have to coach effort"?

Does Flip get some blame? Sure. But don't blame Rip's lack of focus or concentration on him. Rip's a Pro, an All-Star and it's about time he started playing to win, instead of to whine.

And no, he is not alone either...

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

You don't have to buy...it's JMO.

54 games & a 7th game in the finals vs. 64 games & no trip to the finals...which do you choose? Flip was riding LB's coat tails last year...until it came down to crunch time. And this years reg season tally? I'll be surprised if we hit 54.

Any team coach (including LB) that says he shouldn't have to coach effort is deluding themselves...again JMO.

Rip is plainly frustrated...where did that come from?

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rip got roughed up the last few games he dressed, but I don't think anything major is going on with him. Getting technicals isn't anything new for Rip. He had 8, 10, and 9 technicals the last 3 years. That is probably equivalent to what he has now (13), when you factor in the league's new "no tolerance" rule.

Rip's scoring has gone down with the arrival of Webber. On the flip side, the Pistons are winning more. Detroit is 24-9 since CWebb was put into the starting lineup. That is a 60-win pace.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

It came from opponents battering his ass when he goes to the basket, he said so himself.

Maybe he thought if i verbalize it, it will stop!!

Yeah right, prepare to get hammered even harder Rip...........

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not even getting into this one again. I'm just enjoying how as we look less and less like contenders from year to year you guys simply find a new player to brand as the malcontent. It must have been really tough for LB to coach this band of whiny, complaining, lazy, inconsistent, self-absorbed group of team cancers to a title.

11. roscoe36

I'm not branding anyone as a malcontent. Rip is one of my all-time favorite players.

That doesn't excuse the fact that he says stupid crap like, "If it ain't rough, it ain't right" and like his fellow championship pistons, has lost a little (a lot) of the drive to be the top dog.

You guys can fabricate these elaborate "he's not getting his shot" stories that revolve around Flip Sr. being Satan, but who forced Rip to practice his three point shot two summers ago?

Oh yeah, it was Rip. Because expanding his game = All-Star selection = more money the next time his contract comes up = more endorsements...

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wow, We shouldn't hold back. We need to tell it like it is with the Pistons. This read is tough, but probaby hits home. Maybe, that's why another poster wanted to blow up the team with a mostly restructured lineup for next season. I believe the playoffs will tell us what kind of team we really have. Again, be prepa red for no handshake after the playoff series that concludes our season...................:hoops:

13. BillLaimbeer

I would never predict this to happen. The Pistons seem to display pretty good sportsmanship. You see them frequently shaking hands and talking to opponents both before and after games, wins and losses. If anything, I think they might be too nice sometimes.

14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think it really means anything anyway. I played organized sports from grade school through high school (probably 8-10 years of my life) and outside of blatant dirty play intent on injuring someone, no one cared about sportsmanship or handshakes. It was formality.

Winning? Now THAT's what people cared about.

15. BillLaimbeer

At the highest levels of competition, I agree that winning is the main priority. If a coach isn't teaching sportsmanship at the youth level, though, he is missing the point.

16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

hear hear!!!

(or here here? :sssh:)

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LB made that statement about coaching effort when he was with New York, NOT the Pistons!!! I'm almost pissed at the historical revisionist tendency to put words in people's mouths, etc to make OUR TEAM look bad. What is up with you people? The team is hot, they are not robots, and so not every game is the same, they have a few weaknesses, about which I think healthy debate is a great thing. Reading these posts an ousider would think our team is lottery-bound or something. Geez, we have the BEST RECORD IN THE EAST FOLKS. We have a WINNING ORGANIZATION, not just a winning team.

Anyway, I think I'm over my mini-rant there. GO PISTONS!! :)

18. BillLaimbeer

Perhaps you are guilty of your own accusation:

19. roscoe36

It's all good folks. One thing I have come to appreciate is that many fans have different memories when it comes to sports.

I try to Google most of my facts if there is a shadow of doubt in my mind and still end up making mistakes. Memory is a tricky thing...

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Let's all remember that "winning" almost spells the same as "whining". Just be glad you're not Detroit Lions fans..............:gun1: