1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Would you want LeBron in a Pistons uniform?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: This is good...:)

2. Nemo

Well...Nobody called him a gangsta...yet.:pound:

Pistons have always been about team basketball during their successful years.
    I'd LOVE to have Lebron on the DEtroit Pistons.

3. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

That seems like a no-brainer question doesn't it? Who wouldn't want a freak of nature athlete who is at this stage still learning some facets of the game and he's still in the top 3 players in the league (along with Kobe and Dwight Howard). Would I want to see him in a Piston's uniform -- no way, Jose! I'm all about basketball being a team game and for God's sake my favorite player on the planet is Carlos Delfino which tells you something. I hate superstars with the heat of a 1,000 Easy Bake ovens.

I guess it says more about me than LeBron since he's been great for the city of Cleveland and the NBA. I just like to root for the underdog and it just doesn't seem fair that one player is way better than the rest of the team and it leads to a disharmony in the universe.

I don't want Kobe or Dwight either but I would take Carlos Boozer, Chris Willcox, David Lee, Von Wafer, Pops Mensh Boshu (love his name and his game), Luke Ridenour, Earl Watson or any other second tier player over a deal that brought us LeBron James.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LeBron James is the consummate team player. He might be the most complete player since Magic Johnson.

I can't buy the team argument. He's arrogant, he's goofy, he's into the star thing, ok. But not that he is not a team player. He is a guy who makes all of his teammates better. This is a 27 PPG scorer who gets criticized for not shooting the ball enough.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

We may be fantasizing about what life would look like with Lebron IN a Piston's uniform but I'll bet Tayshaun fantasizes about what he would look like OUT of his Piston's uniform. :sssh::MusicBigGrin:

6. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

There is a good chance that we would get him If Lebron is playing at 34 and Joe is our GM. It would be a cap space move.

7. blackhawk

I really hope the second part of that statement is true......Demand a trade Tayshaun!

8. blackhawk

Artest fits our team profile and is a free agent this summer!!!

9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

You mean Tayshaun hasn't already? I'm sure LeBron has let him take a peep at his Kingness before bending him over and... :stirthepot::hoops::pound:

10. Nemo

I save this picture for [strike]LeBron[/strike] Tay to autograph.

[​IMG] Tay to Nemo: Can I sign on his muscles please...

11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

i'm convinced that some you guys are just hating for the sake of hating. Ours fans are developing little brother complexes.

Bosh and Amare? Ya'll must be CRAZZZZY! And Lebron is just flat out better than Artest, as much as I like Artest.

12. Darth Tater

:pound: I was feeling kinda bad about what I typed, but you guys are TERRIBLE!! :pound::pound:

13. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes, I would definitely take LeBron. I hate him now. But I'm confident I could get over that. If we are no longer gonna do the we-have-no-stars-but-we-dominate-you-as-a-unit-thing, then I'll be very glad to have the very best star money can buy to dominate others the way we have been dominated. I mean, even if he didn't get all the breaks he gets, he's still an unbelievable athlete with a first rate skill set. As for his jumper, I'd be surprised if that didn't come around over the next few years. As I recall, Jordan didn't really develop his jumper, spot up or fade away, until a bit further on in his career.

14. blackhawk

If anyone says no to Lebron then something is seriously wrong!!! Lebron before anyone! Although, I would settle for just about anyone that can help our team....anything is improvement

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I want an original mix again. That was the most fun that fans could possibly have. A team that got no respect and shocked the league silly.

I don't want Kobe or Lebron. I want a team that can beat those guys. That is the ultimate satisfaction in the NBA.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Since Tay is our starting SF, LeBron would have to come off the bench. If LBJ is okay with that, I don't have a problem signing him.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They could maybe play LeBron at the 4..........

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We cant get him. If the Cavs had another 40 win season and lost in the first or second round this year then we could get him. The only reason he would come here is because we are a better team than NY or Cleveland. That is not the case anymore.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I still don't want him. Call me crazy :)

20. Darth Tater

I don't think you are. If you can't stand someone, I can see not wanting him on your team (even if it makes them better). I think first and foremost you have to enjoy rooting for your team. That's what it's all about. No...wait...that's the hokey pokey...but, you get my drift.

In fantasy sports, I've passed up much better players just to draft guys I like. Maybe it is crazy...but I don't think so.