Wouldn`t it be nice if it`s still a Spurs/Pistons Final?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The Lakers added Pau, the Suns Shaq, the Hornets Bonzi and Mike James. The Spurs grabbed Kurt Thomas.

The Celtics made their moves during the sumeer, adding Garnett and Ray Allen, and at the time of this post may be looking at veteran Sam Cassell.

The Cavs now have none other than BBen Wallace, Delonte West and Joe Smith.

The Pistons, well they picked up Juan Dixon.

Other teams are making moves to dethrone the Spurs and prevent the Pistons from making it automatic to appear in the ECF.

I would love for the Spurs and Pistons to meet in the Finals this year. Thoughts?
  2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sick of watching the Spurs play to be honest. They've had enough championship success for my liking, and it irritates me a bit that all these veterans keep signing with them for peanuts because they think its an 'auto ship'.

The only way I'd like to see the Spurs in the Finals is so we can get some revenge, but even that I don't particularly care about.

I'd like to see the Lakers or Suns make it so we can beat the NBA's darling teams with 1 of the 2 guys we knocked off last time. (Shaq/Kobe)
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Let's meet the Jazz in the finals. There's a team who we really need to send a message to.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm for our Pistons meeting up with the least glamorous team possible. That's gotta be either the Jazz or the Spurs. In no way do I want the Lakers to be rewarded for stealing Pao. I hate Kobe and I've always rooted against Shaq.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we make it to the Finals, then I hope it is not against the Spurs. If we get knocked out, then I hope they make it there.
  6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd love to see a Pistons - Boston ECF followed by a Pistons - Lakers final. Now that would be history repeating!!!
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would love to see CP3 trump Nash and Kidd and see a Hornets-Pistons matchup. I think we can outlast their inexperience

Mavs--we can beat them .

Suns, we can beat them too as they cannot survive a 7 games series or even 4 rounds with their short bench.

Lakers NO...don't trust the refs as the NBA would love to reward Kobe again

Spurs love the rematch, but Manu and Bowen are so dirty, our guys would lose concentration and be rattled

Jazz - no..don't like the percentages and the hex they have over us....:sssh:
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Blazers had a homecourt hex against the Pistons going back to the 70s, and when they left the Finals at the Palace 1-1, people thought the Pistons were in real trouble with 3 straight in the Rose City (1990)
  9. LA Dre

I hear ya Roscoe, but those were the "Bad Boys", and Daly...now we have Flip and "which team will show up boys"... we all love them but:sssh:
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah. I remember Porter or someone saying, "It won't be coming back to Detroit." He was right...LMAO. Pistons took 3 staight in Portland. A tough team with a great coach. This team bears very few similarities to that one, IMO. :(

Finals: I think we will see history repeat itself, alright...Lakers and Celtics.
  11. LA Dre

It was actually Clyde drexler who said it...after the Blazers tied the series 1-1 in Detroit. Since the Pistons hadn't won in Portland in 10 years or so, he told the sideline reporter, "we got one here and we are not coming back to Detroit"...well they didn't as the Pistons swept them in Portland to win the series 4-1, and became the first team to win the miidle three games on the road. I believe only one team has done it since then...one of those Bulls teams. Pistons were the first team to win the three middle home games too in 2004 until the Heat duplicated the feat in 2006.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Bulls won all 3 middle games on the road against the Lakers in '91. The Lakers themselves also did it 10 years later when they beat Philly 4-1 after losing game 1 at home in OT, the only game they lost in their entire playoff run that season. One of those Sixers home losses in '01 had the distinction of being the game where Destiny's Child performed at halftime...and got booed by the Philly fans. :laugh:
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Let's do another one. Flips nose must be growing.......,......,..
  14. LA Dre

Thanks for having my back triva master!:) Good one about Destiny's Child as they had the last laugh on Philly....especially bootilicius/cashilicious Beyonce
    :laugh:
  15. Pistonbeep

Pistonbeep Second Round Draft Pick

I would love to see Pistons vs Utah it would be so sweet to beat them when it counts.
  16. max

max All-Star

I am all for not seeing the Spurs again. Lets get LA and boost the ratings through the roof, that would be great.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The biggest problem with a Pistons vs. Spurs finals would be all the rules changes that would be implemented for next season.

No passing more than twice per possession.

No blood = blocking foul.