1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Wow...I didn't see this coming...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Additionally...I don't want anyone to think I believe Sheed never does anything wrong. But, as was said earlier...it's just like when everyone figured once the malcontent was gone....winning would be easier.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree, Roscoe. You do have a big trap. :ner-ner:

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

But we are out of it right now. 8-10 game losing streak. If it's harder winning without Sheed, so what? By the time we get our new FA's, he's going to be 2 years older and will be a bench role player at best. He'll most likely retire instead of play that role.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'll be honest. I liked last night's game quite a bit. I don't mind losing if we don't have enough horses. I hate losing if there is not enough effort, or if the coach is sabotaging the effort.

That game last night reminded me of the 2003 season. When the team was developing a work ethic and fighting almost every night.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The guys' been a starter for this team for 5 years. It's not really an experiment any more, is it? Plus, I don't think MC has the jewels to stand up to Sheed.

To be honest with you, his boneheaded 3 attempt in the Bulls game pissed me off way more than the double-T in this NO game.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I feel like i'm reading different articles than everybody else. That one not only blamed Sheed (and if you want to talk about critical, that's critical), but put a big share of the blame on Joe.

While i think the article is stupid and completely off base regarding Sheed, this one was actually a defense of AI.

So i'm not seeing the "Pistons brass has picked a scapegoat" and the burn is about to start.

The team is in shambles . . . What else are they going to write about? It's only natural to look for who to blame and dissect what's wrong.

There hasn't been a barrage of articles crushing one specific player, and all this reads as is the media inserting their opinions into the situation.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

MC could be very close to being fired. Even if Joe is currently planning on riding this out, MC could be guiding us to the longest losing streak in franchise history with most of the same players that were on the verge of a Finals appearance last year.

So, if I were MC, I would be thinking about my future career. Sheed's actions may ultimately cost MC his coaching career. If Curry goes down in a ball of flames and gets the boot from Joe, who will ever hire him again? Curry needed that win. The team needed it. If we lose, we lose. But to have one of our best players kicked out because he can't handle one marginal call? And he starts throwing things into the crowd and at the refs? It's an embarrassment.

Good job by most of the players to fight through some adversity last night. If they could have pulled it out, it would be something to build on.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i could NOT read anymore past the 7th or so post, but what a bunch of Piston sympathizing crybabies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every franchise hits it peeks and wallows in its valleys. (Except the Utah Jazz-20 straight playoffs!! LOL)

The Celtics hit rock bottom - Keep Paul Pierce / Fire Sale
    The Heat hit the wall - Keep D Wade / Fire sale
    The Lakers hit the beach - Keep Kobe / Fire Sale

Its OUR WALL< people. ITS OVER!! But one thing the Pistons CAN KEEP- Its integrity!!

Iverson and Wallace are just chickens coming home to roost. When the going gets TOUGH, the aholes go running!! This is typical under .500 Wallace and its time to be showed DA DOE!!!(the door)

I wasnt gonna read the article, cuz I figured it was another McCoskey pat on the back-give em some milk and cookies-rootrootroot for the home team article. But TFos hit it on the nail. Its like my daughters grades.: i love her forever, I'm mad at her grades TODAY!!!!

And #4 cant be excluded for tHIS season either. Was Flip Saunders really THAT bad a coach or is he REALLY A GREAT coach for getting all he got out of a bunch of guys that hated his guts!!! ForREAL..STOP...................................and think about it!

#4 DID pass on Melo, Wade and Bosh
    DID pass on David Lee for Max
    DID hire a no expirience coach who averaged LESS points per game in the NBA than ANY coach in the league who was a former NBA player
    HAS thrown in the towel for this year.

I remember when I told my friend who was overweight with diabetes taht if he didnt WAKE UP, get up and move and eat sensibly, he would die before 50.

He died last month at the ripe old age of 45...bcuz he never WOKE UP!

Wake up, Piston die hards, its over. Time to get up, exercise, get back in shape, get rid of the junk food and LIVE to fight another day.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great post HQ.

10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed throwing in the towel last night is symbolic of the way the whole season is going.

I don't really like jumping on players when they are down. Sheed has been acting like that his whole career.

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

thanks...the cheque is in zee mail!

See what happens when i get 5 hours sleep?:victory:

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He literally threw in the towel.

13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Who cares if Rasheed Wallace is being made into a scapegoat? I'm sick of his ass too.

And he ain't that damn good anymore either. He doesn't have to be the main problem for some people to be sick of him.

And I didn't recall Foster saying that we were a "Cut Sheed" away from contending. Isn't it possible that we can just get damn sick of him?

14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Great point.

We need a picture of that on the front page of this forum.

Pistons throw in the towel!

15. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I agree, Roscoe can you do it please.

and I agree, I'm tired of Detroit's propaganda.

Aren't we suppose to retire his number? Why the heck treat him like dirt. :confused:

16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe but a lot of us aren't sick of him and making him an escapegoat does nothing towards improving this team. He's a popular target, but not he right one. Most of Sheed's haters rarely accept when he does anything well, but are more than happy to highlight anytime he does something wrong. Especially when it goes against some personal "good guys act like X" mantra that they want to impose on the league.

He's the same guy he was when he got here and people are acting like he began destroying this team the minute he arrived.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Some good news for Sheed. He DOES get hit with a lot of questionable techs.

Pistons' Wallace gets reprieve | detnews.com | The Detroit News

18. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

LMAO.....is the world ending??????????

STERN HELPING THE PISTONS???????????

WHAT??????????????

That is all.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stern can go easy on us now that he's not afraid that we'll win it all.

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's probably it. Nevertheless, score for the Sheed gets unfair treatment group! LOL

Now if AI sits out or comes off the bench next game, Amir/AA get PT, Sheed makes Howard look sucky, and Stuckey looks more Stuckey, this week will be 100X better. Just beat ORL Pistons. Who cares about an 8 game losing streak?