Wow...I didn't see this coming...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Feb 26, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Stern does not ban Sheed?

damn.

Is it possible to throw towel toward Stern?

:deathstar1:

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Me and HQ are on the same page as we learned how to win at Cass Tech and lose at EMU...:MusicBigGrin:

I just decided to log on to the forum a few minutes and wished I had said what he said even though I only read his first couple of paragraphs.

I am not sure why everyone is so upset with Rosenberg, Terry Foster, McCosky or whomever writes about the Pistons...most of those same comments have been stated here by various forum members for the past two years and have been amplified even more in the past two months. :reading:

This is not just the local beat writers, ragging on the Pistons, you can hear these same critical words from media types outside Detroit including the guys from ARTH, NBA TV, PTI, First Take, Mike & Mike etc and in my opinion they all deserve to give their opinion and the players deserve to here it.

I am not afraid to blame Davidson, Dumars, Curry, Cowens, AI, Rip, Sheed or whomever else works for that team and neither should the beat writers. As someone said if they were winning, there would still be issues, but there is no reason to sugar coat this issue. :bs:

The coach/gm are afraid to hurt players feelings and now some of us appear to be afraid that their favorite players feelings are hurt too. :sssh:

The Laker beat writers did the same thing to the Lakers and Kobe for two years following the loss in 2004 so this is something that happens everywhere

:banplease

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey Rosc, how does the Pistons azz taste?
    Sheed once said this is his last year. I don't think he expected it to be this bad.
    -
    No since keeping it in...sometimes you got to blow your top.
    But what if you aint got no top to blow?
    Then baby you better blow what you got.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

5. LA Dre

The next time he gets on they will come back and say one of the previous techs was rescinded....

One thing the NBA/ESPN did not want to see was Sheed and AI sitting the game out tomorrow and the game is a blow-out like the previous nationally televised game vs the Cavs. It would hurt their lead in for the second game with Cavs and Spurs....:gun1:

Funny all of these Pistons games on national TV the past three weeks were supposed to be marquee match ups, but who knew at the beginning of the season the Pistons would be laying eggs on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah... I don't really have anything to add to that list. Pretty thorough.

Although they made it sounds like Rip is having a bad year, when really he's just sharing with AI and coming off the bench.

7. LA Dre

told ya it wasn't just a local thing...eevryone is aware of our fall from grace.. but this this dude really punctuates it with stats that neither I nor possible TaS could have put together... almost makes last years Michigan Wolverine football team look good. :messer:

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dre, I am 100% with you except on one small thing.

These beat writers all ate the green room sandwiches, and flashed their press passes like badges of honour around when the team was basically rolling over in the ECF. When LB was ejected, they were pouring the KoolAid about NazMo and Colonel Saunders.

Yes, I'm happy they are piling on to a degree. We need pressure on the franchise to stop tinkering, and make meaningful, dramatic and risky moves to improve.

But they are late, and they only speak up when it is not risky to do so. I disagree with The Low on some things, but he has been consistent and calling it pretty straight for 5 years.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As long as we are aware that these guys are effectively self censored, I don't see the problem. It's a condition for their access.

We are so good at reading between the lines, than we don't need them to tell us any more than they already do.

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll be the first one to post the news story of Curry getting fired. What a great day that will be...

A+++++

11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You called it. But quoting your own post is something that Tater would do. Try not to let it happen again. :lightsabersmiley:

Me to. The problem is that I lost the key a long time ago.:ballchain

12. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yeah, ditto. and i think that if we bothered to detail that "x" we'd find some bizarre nostalgic fantasy character along the lines of the love child of john havlicek and bill russell (nothing against those two individuals, by the way, just saying they aren't the dictionary definition of "good guys").

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The article was unreal. Everything going on right now has been predictable for a long, long, time. And it all comes to rest on every decision Joe has made since we one the 'ship. Yet this guy is trying to blame Rip and Wallace?
    RW didn't trade CB for AI.
    They didn't sign aging has been vets like Derrick Coleman and Chris Webber to play over our youth that was supposed to prevent this.
    They didn't sign every 2 guard they could find off of waivers like Tony Delk, Flip, Mo, and Hayes hoping they'd be the next cheap rejuvinated player under Joe. And again play these stiffs over our youth.
    They didn't let Larry run crazy, or Flip burn out the starters
    They didn't draft JMax over David Lee
    And they didn't sign a head coach with only 1 year of formal coaching experience in his entire career.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That's a foul when you click on the link?

15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"But they are late, and they only speak up when it is not risky to do so."

Exactly Roscoe. The pistons beat writers are the worst. Foster, McCoskey, Rosenberg, etc. are phonies. Very easy to get on a soapbox about sheed and ai....very easy. Sheed makes it easy to dislike him and his game. But the fault is at the top with Davidson and Dumars.

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The article - Don't necessarily agree, but it is encouraging to see some Detroit writers actually expressing something other than the company line. Jumping on the bandwagon now though, when the ship has been on fire for months isn't particularly insightful. It's not like the problems haven't been obvious for some time.

The techs - Whatever credibility the league has is long gone now. What, the techs from December were techs then, but suddenly aren't now??!! All techs are real until they're not I guess. What a stupid policy they have in place. The refs ought to feel completely undermined.

Joe D - If I see one more of those little interviews where Joe kind of smiles and says that there is a grand plan I might just have to throw something soft at my TV (don't want to break it over this). His team is going under for the third time, crying out for some leadership from the top, and all they're getting is the Cheshire grin from Joe. Time to stand up and do something visible.

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

ALL BAWL!!!

...and a towell thrown in your general direction.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Max pointed out that Sheed hit an assistant with the towel. I hope it wasn't this guy he hit.

YouTube - funny Rasheed Wallace NBA

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They didn't sign every 2 guard they could find off of waivers like Tony Delk, Flip, Mo, and Hayes hoping they'd be the next cheap rejuvinated player under Joe. And again play these stiffs over our youth.[quote 16]
    -
    those were good players that helped the team. they didn't break the bank or cause other problems down the line. the team had order until Curry was hired.
    I pass on the Billups leaving, but clearly he wasn't the problem.

20. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I think your post hit it right on the head. The reason he's calling out the players is because they don't control access to the team. You start calling out Joe and good luck getting any preferential treatment.

IMO, Joe is solely to blame for all of these issues we're having now. He had a good run of moves with the trade for Rip, the signing of Billups and the deadline trade for Sheed, he even made a pretty good move in signing Dyess a few years back but that's where it ends. All the praise he gets for getting Ben as part of the sign and trade of Grant Hill was luck in my opinion. I don't think anyone could have predicted the beast he would become for the Pistons.

I know Joe doesn't like to totally rebuild and he'd rather adjust on the fly but this team is busted.........it needs to be "rebuilt" from the ground up. None of our starters are foundation material, they're all candidates to be shipped outta town. We need someone like Bosh or Stoudamire to build around. The key is young and talented with full potential still to come.