1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

WOW! MALICE AT THE PALACE--WNBA STYLE!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Ozarkruffrider, Jul 22, 2008.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Gordie Howe played for Vipers after hitting 70, so what? He skated his shift.

2. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Once again Detroit got screwed. I really really hate everything about LA.

original article

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    WNBA is crocked, just like NBA. Just ask the buddahfan.

Have a nice day.

:hoops:

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

BS...BS....BS.....Pierson gets 4 games and Parker only gets 2!!!! Milton Jones only gets 2 for actually throwing and landing 3,4 punches (love taps). Man, Detroit gets NO LOVE...and we wonder why FA's don't desire to come here, they probably figure they can't afford the high vaseline expense that come with playing in the Palace.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Complete BS...did they have every angle? No way Mahorn should have got 2 games// if anything Parker should have got at least two and Milton Jones should have got two, Leslie two for exaggeration. Basically their three best players get one game and two their scrubs get two a piece.

The Shock were basically eliminated from the finals run with this incident (including the Ford injury). Funny the espn tv commentator and the article mentions Nolan tackling Parker, but no suspension for her??

You are right KGREG, a Detroit team gets hosed again

6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Answer this.......does anyone really care? I mean, it's the WNBA. I get all the coverage I need when I see a 20 second clip on ESPN........and that's for the Finals!

Something tells me I could live without that as well.

7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If this were the NBA, would leaving the bench earn the same suspension as throwing a punch?

Would throwing a punch earn the same suspension as landing a punch?

At least they admitted Lisa Leslie threw a punch, but I ask this:

If an NBA coach was trying to remove a player from an altercation and that player took a swing at the coach before losing balance and falling down, would the coach be suspended?

And how many games would the person who afterwards decided to sucker-punch the coach in the back get?

If that would have been Cheryl Reeve instead of Rick Mahorn, would she be serving a 2 game suspension right now?

Would Lisa Leslie only be suspended 1 game for throwing a punch at her? Would Milton-Jones only be serving 1 game for punching her in the back?

I'm not sure I like or agree with the messages sent by the league today.

8. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

I am positive I don't. Luckily I have little to no emotional investment into the WNBA.

9. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

What happened to Sprewell when he attacked his coach? Well he was suspended for 82 games. Not necessarily the same as what just went down, but I guarantee if an NBA player hit a coach trying to stop a melee, they would be gone for awhile, a long while. The message they are sending the coaches right now in the WNBA is this: If a fight breaks loose and you are a male coach, do not under any circumstances touch one of the players, even if it is to restrain or stop others from being attacked. Basically, sit on your butt and let the fight progress.

10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The funny thing is Michael Cooper had ran over to three Detroit Shock players and with his hands touching them, ushered them away from the middle of the melee.

This was right before Mahorn went in the other direction toward the Sparks players, basically doing the same thing Coop did.

The sad part is the long standing message WNBA ad promotions have tried to get out is "Come see us. We're the same as the boys."

And now the minute things get a little hectic they decide to go with "Don't even touch us, we're different."

What a crock.

11. LA Dre

The message they are sending is "we got you again Detroit"!! First of all you don't mess with the Golden Girl or the former Golden Girl because we believe everything she says. I am thinking that key Sparks players were interviewed and concurred with Lisa Leslie's account of what occurred.

The second message is if you are a male coach in the women's league, you don't touch them even if you are trying to be a peacemaker.. If Micheal Cooper had any balz he would speak up and go to bat for Mahorn regarding the 2 game suspension...

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is there a rule saying that you can't push a mother?

13. LA Dre

Didn't LaBron tell his mama to shut up and sit her arse down at an NBA arena? Kevin Garnett did touch her and hold her back when Pierce and Labron tangled into the stands:sssh:

14. max

max All-Star

Maybe thats why nobody watches it - it friggen sucks.

That Lisa Leslie mommy thing and how she tried to rail Mahorn with it really turned me off to the sport. They act like Rick pushed over a Mom with 3 kids in the grocery store, for no apparent reason.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Now that would be truly despicable! What a jerk he would be if he did that on a regular basis. I'm really starting to hypethetically dislike this Mahorn character.

16. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Hey! Who knew 8 pages of discussion would happen on this!

And you can't tell me that with nothing on TV but reruns and MLB in the dogdays none of you won't at least check it out.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:pound::pound::pound: