1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

WRITE COMMISSIONER GOODELL!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Ozarkruffrider, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Here's an email address to the Commissioner to write about your disgust or concern to say the least on the state of our NFL team. Roger.Goodell2@nfl.n

There is also a petition that has been set up: Detroit Lions RTR » WCF GM Petition

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Goodell's got be hating doing anything for the Lions.
    Gees Ford sounds so mellow.
    At the mention of his team he should be vomiting in the back of his mouth.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Why would you write to the commish? Vote with your dollars. Stop going to games, stop buying gear and stop watching them.

The Commish works for the owners, not the fans.

4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sadly i did this.... 5 years ago? i think i watch 2 games a year now, besides the thanksgiving day game... have not bought gear since barry retired... have not spent money in any form on them since then actually.

Finally this year seems fans in mass are going that direction, wonder if Ford really cares he didn't sell out 4 out of the last 5 games.

I just can't understand the mindset of owners that don't make winning a high high priority. I understand you can't win every year, but Ford has owned the lions since alot of were nothing but the sparkle in our mom's eyes and he has what to show for it?

5. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Is there a way to get Sr. locked up for insanity? Unfortunately w/ the revenue sharing, Sr. is making $$ even if fans don't attend a single game. Gate receipts are around $44M. About 1/2 of a team's revenue comes from TV contacts, equally shared between all teams. Even NFL licensed apparel sales and a % of gate receipts are equally distributed. The only variables are concession stand sales, luxury boxes. In short Sr. is making money even when his team is failing. Maybe zero attendance games will get the others owners riled up about dealing w/ an organization that is of no benefit to the collective.

6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with Roscoe. Anakin is dead on as well. Although on a side note, anytime I hear the word "collective", I think Borg. :P

7. roscoe36

I just think consumers have become retarded. In the old days, people would take a principled stand with their spending. We're going into a massive global downturn, now is not the time to support a loser like the Lions.

Let Ford fail (I'm not talking about the car company). The jerk has screwed fans for decades, LET HIM FAIL. MAKE HIM SELL. Call the radio stations and tell them you will not buy from any Lions sponsor. Hurt him where it counts. In his pocket book.

8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

OOps, email address is Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

The worst thing that could happen to the Lions is if they beat the Pac at Lambeau next Sunday. This franchise needs to explode in a giant ball of infamy the rest of the league won't allow WCF to get away with any longer.

GOOOOOOOO CHEESEHEADS!!!

10. roscoe36

I'm always reminded of Jack Nicholson's Joker,

"This town, needs an enema"

I hope the Lions lose all 16 games next year too. Ford is shameless, one 0-16 season won't even bother him.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt. If the Lions win, Ford will think Orlovsky and Marinelli are the answers for 2009. I pray that Ford shake thinks up and hires some competent people (GM, head coach, etc.) to run the team. I'm not betting on it, though. :frusty::drillsergeant::toilet:

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yup, and sign them to 4 year extensions.

13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I composed pretty much this same post about 3 weeks ago.
    The Lions are "dead to me" until WCF decides to sell.

14. roscoe36

If one wants to become an activist for/against a local sporting franchise, them they have to stop paying for the privilege to beg.

People want Ford out? Make it financially disastrous for him and the NFL to continue status quo ownership and operation.

For the love of god, why people pay top dollar for a bad product is beyond me. The fans are more loyal to the franchise than the franchise is to them. Ask Sonics fans.

15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I have to agree with Roscoe.

Tell the old man how you feel by voting with your wallet. I don't understand why people keep going to the games. It is not football you are paying to watch anymore. You are paying for some out of touch rich guy's tax write off and with the economy and Michigan's job market being the way it is certainly people have better things to do with their money. This goes beyond being a die hard fan. Continuing to pay hard earned cash to go to Lions games is starting to enter the realm of insanity. WCF doesn't care about winning. If he did he would ask for help and get this team and organization fixed. Instead he keeps the same people around that have driven us into the deep dark hole. WCF proably spoons with Marineli at night and tells him old war stories. WCF laughs at you and flips you the bird as he cashes in week after week. An empty Ford Field will be the only thing that sends a message.

16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree...I'd make an exception if Barry Sanders would come back though.

Quit spending money to watch this crap.

17. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Great post Roscoe!

To this day I can't seem to figure out why so many people continue to pay top dollar for their seats at [STRIKE]Ford[/STRIKE] Field. If you have season tickets you should be ashamed. They suck and it's never going to get better. We'll waste our #1 pick on a skill player and continue to fill the voids in our lines with underskilled players (usually career back-ups) from other teams.

I've never been this disgusted with any team I CHOSE to follow. They operate with utter disregard for the will and mental well-being of the fans so why don't the fans get on with their lives? Spend their time and money on things that are important in life. The [STRIKE]Ford[/STRIKE] family doesn't deserve adime for what they provide on the field.

Sincerely,

WAY BEYOND disgruntaled Lions Fan

:swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2:

18. BallDon'tLie

The day he retired is the same day I stopped watching.

I remember people being critical of Barry for "turning his back" on the team. I took the stance of: How can you blame the guy!?

Personally, WCF has robbed me of any desire to root fo my hometown team thus my interst in pro football is very minimal. - Which sucks due to the fact that the landscape of pro sports is weighted toward the NFL. Football discussion seems to dominate the airwaves, print media, etc. I've tried to adopt another team (Denver) but the Lions are who I grew up with and it just ain't the same.

ONE playoff victory during my entire lifetime! (I'm in my late 30s)

...dead to me.

19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I did better I followed one of my favorite College QB's from michigan to New England.... I never imagined he'd be this great when he got the starting job, but I knew he was going to be better then the lions.

20. BallDon'tLie

Elvis Grbac?