WRITE COMMISSIONER GOODELL!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Ozarkruffrider, Dec 22, 2008.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

LOL..... na a guy by the name of Brady, not sure if you heard of him.... not a bad 6th round pick up though

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I have not been to a Lions game since the 2000 season. I have also not bought a stitch of Lions gear since. I think if you keep throwing money away supporting this crap organization buying tickets and buying the marked up beer and food at the stadium you are not helping make things change. You are part of the problem. So when people that go to these games complain I tune them out because they are not helping force change. That are just as much a part of the problem as WCF if not worse.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wouldn't even give a doggy bag of leftovers to the Lions, much less actual cash. They need an intervention.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Time to market the new game called, "Pin the Tail on the Ford" Nothing else is going to change. At least sell a Pinata that looks like Ford. A nice big one for adults.

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Brian Greese?

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...Didn't Elvis Grbac date a supermodel?

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

8. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

That was the best article I've read in quite some time. It speaks the truth and better yet, it was written by a national columnest. That's our only hope, getting this topic out and discussed nationally.

Goodell, get off your bum and do something about WCF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Winless Wonders

I believe Dan Wetzel is from Michigan and still lives here. He is a suffering Lions fan like many of us.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

League intervention is not the answer.

The fans have to punish failure and reward success. Letting some league office bureaucrats decide the fate of the Lions isn't a good idea. The ticketholders are the ones who should guide the direction of the franchise.

Another season or two of blackouts should set the wheels in motion.

Do fans have the courage, patience and discipline to do it? I hope so.

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

A friend of mine used to buy a block of 50 tickets for one game each year. The last game we went to was the first regular season game at Ford Field in 2002. It was nice to see the new facility...but the team remained the same and we stopped going. Hopefully others will catch on after this miserable season.

12. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Foster is speculating that Ron Wolf will become GM, I'd love it if true, and Elmer will be fired. Take it for what it's worth.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He was with green bay right?

14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

he's getting up there in years.

16. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Maranelli out, Mayhew is the new GM and Lewand the president.Offensive coordinator Jim Colletto has been reassigned to offensive line coach. Nothing to root for anymore. Any hope of revitalization is off. I hate to say this but this but nothing will change until Sr. dies.

17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

find a new team lol

18. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I agree with you in theory Roscoe but it's the same situation voters face with inept politicians who get re-elected year in and year out. Being in the Boston area where the only qualification you need to be a pol is to be an idiot and coming from MI where we see the likes of Gran-mole and Kwame (mark my words, he WILL gain office once more down the road) leading our cities and state I see it first hand. The similarities between these two areas are striking. The only difference is, we can't "vote" out an owner. Getting everyone together takes too much organization for something such as this. We need a higher power to step in and say ENOUGH!

Don't you think what Detroit fans have shown in trying to get rid of Millen that they've had it? Or maybe you are refering to the fact that us fans should start a new movement to get rid of WCF? I for one am onboard with that! The fire Ford movement is now 1 strong. WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Winless Wonders

I knew when people started giving Mayhew props for fleecing the Cowboys he would get the GM job. Why fire some coaches and not others? The whole organization needs to be purged. Everyone should be fired all of the coaches, the scouting staff, the trainers, etc. I would also change the logo and the team colors from the pansie blue to something more manly. All WCF is doing is putting a nice shine and little bow on the dog poop he has been peddling year after year. I don't think it is going to work this time old man.:bs:

20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

We CAN vote out the owner.
    Stop buying tickets and discourage others from doing the same. Don't watch games on TV. Write local TV stations and tell them that you won't be tuning in to games and/or coverage of the team. If you work for a company that has a luxury box at Ford Field, submit a petition to your CEO discouraging him from renewing. As consumers, write letters to Lions sponsors stating that you refuse to buy their products as long as they continue to sponsor the Ford-owned Lions.

WCF is a business man.
    If we as fans can convince him that his continued ownership of the Lions is bad business, he'll eventually be forced to sell. Some simple grass-roots organization by fans can make the Ford family's ownership of the Lions a financial disaster and public relations nightmare.