[Yahoo! Sports] Bears 34, Lions 7 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

Rex Grossman had his best game as a pro, and the Chicago Bears' defense silenced Detroit's Roy Williams and the Lions. Grossman set career highs with 289 yards and four touchdown passes to lead the Bears to a 34-7 victory over Detroit on Sunday. Plagued by injuries since being drafted in the first round in 2003, Grossman is healthy and producing.

Link To Original Article
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Anybody want to comment on this one? :pound: I did enjoy chat with everyone.

Marinelli: "Men, this is simply unacceptable. We cannot conduct ourselves like this. I will not let you embarrass me like this. We will not give up until we take that strategic hill, the elusive one called the NFC North. We will vanquish our enemies, these things called Vikings, Packers and Bears. They will see Lions in their nightmares before I leave this franchise. I can guarantee you that." Cue Lions' fight song. Rah rah rah, sis boom bah.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The offensive line was terrible. Jeff Backups (sic) is terrible. DeMulling is terrible and Rex Tucker is also terrible. Raiola is horrible and Woody is overrated.

Kevin Jones was terrible, the play calling at times was questionable.

Kitna and the receivers were ok, nice to see Dan Campbell (TE) and Marcus Pollard (TE) making some plays.

The front 4 culdn't get anything done, James Hall, Shaun Cody and Kalimba Edwards were HORRIBLE.

The linebackers got dinged up (Alex Lewis, Paris Lennon) and Boss Bailey was getting pushed around by fullbacks.

The secondary was lousy after Fernando Bryant went out. Coach says he had a family issue. That FA Fletcher was so bad I would cut him this morning to make a point to the team the guy laughs after taking penalty that called back a defensive TD.

What can you say? This is a bad team that is mismanaged. Nothing new from the last 5 years. If they stink up the joint @ GB next week, I'm done watching for the year (besides Hockey and BBall starts up :D)!
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Too much money, time, and draft picks spent on wide receivers the last four Millen drafted seasons when some should have been spent on the offensive line.

QB situation seems to be upgraded a little, but still the biggest problem is that they have NO "O" line to spring Kevin Jones loose. When is the last time this guy or anybody on the Lions gained more than 100 yards on the ground? (Not worth looking up IMO). I know all of it is not his fault. Barry could squeeze yards out of an barely inconsistent offensive line, but Jones will need better than what we have now to get this team moving on the ground. I have not seen a single game this year (regular or preseason) but it alreadly looks like a repeat of last season. :help:
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

So what really bothered you about that performance? ;)
  6. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Same old joke so far. Yah Fletcher sucked I'm built more like a lineman, well maybe not quite as buff but I could have covered receivers better than he did. I will be done after the GB game if we get manhandled. Every year it gets sooner and sooner that I lose faith. Maybe if some fans would show the Fords pocketbooks that we hate losers instead of constantly filling the stands. I guess it goes to show how diehard Detroit fans are.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Try Fantasy football next year. It worked for me.

That way you won't feel cheated and upset that your season is over after two weeks. You can take joy in other teams doing well.

It's not the same as having a winning NFL team, but it will give you a reason to pay attention.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking the exact same thing. That was a HUGE turning point in the game. That TD would have brought the Lions within striking distance and boosted their confidence, instead, the penalty completely deflated them and all Fletcher did was laugh it off.

Rex Tucker was out of his league all game. He was constantly getting beat by every move in the book as well as being manhandled. The entire line played poorly.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion