[Yahoo! Sports] General NFL News

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

There's no telling whether the Baltimore Ravens will benefit from having head coach Brian Billick take full control of the offense. As far as the players are concerned, however, it can't hurt. Billick has assumed the duties of offensive coordinator Jim Fassel, who was fired during the Ravens' bye week.

Link To Original Article

2. Media Guy

[Yahoo! Sports] Manning meets with NFL officials after conviction (AP)

Lions

Rod Marinelli has only been an NFL head coach for seven games, long enough to make him an expert on discussing close losses.

On Monday, the Detroit Lions coach was doing it again.

"I still think this is a very good team -- I feel we are very close," Marinelli said of his 1-6 team. "It's just a couple plays every time, but that's what football is. It's about who can do the little things day in and day out, play in and play out."

New York rushed for 221 yards and three touchdowns, including 129 yards and two scores by Leon Washington.

"I was disappointed with our ability to stop the run," Marinelli said. "That's got to be number one for us. In this league, that's something you've got to do."

Detroit was missing both starting defensive tackles, as Shaun Cody missed the game due to a dislocated toe and Shaun Rogers was starting a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's rule on banned substances. Marinelli wasn't letting himself dwell on Rogers' absence.

"The way I look at it, he's not here," Marinelli said. "If he was there, he has the ability, yeah, but he's not there, so why go that way? You have to move on and go with the guys who are on the field."

Link To Original Article

3. Media Guy

[Yahoo! Sports] Time will tell (Yahoo! Sports)

After games against the Vikings and Colts, we'll have a better read on whether the Pats are legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

Link To Original Article