[Yahoo! Sports] Lions 20, Broncos 13 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

[Yahoo! Sports] Lions 20, Broncos 13 (AP)

Rod Marinelli remembers scurrying along the sideline before the national anthem, making sure the Lions were standing and holding their helmets properly. Before Marinelli knew it, his debut as a head coach at any level was over. Each of the Lions' quarterbacks -- Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky and Josh McCown -- led scoring drives and Detroit's defense caused three turnovers in a 20-13 win over the Denver...

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Woo hoo 1 and 0 baby! :whoo:

Hope they keep that Vince Lombardi trophy nice and shiny because here come the Lions! :first:

In Rod We Trust! :usa2:

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I can't believe they let Kircus get behind them.
    Den beat them in all stats but turnovers and rush avg. and sacks.
    Who is H Smith, he got a pick?

4. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

H smith is Harrison Smith, a rookie out of California. He had a pick and two tackles in the game.
    Another good thing, there was only one injury for the lions. They lost tight end Casey Fitzsimmons to a fractured wrist when Fitzsimmons tried to catch a touchdown pass. Hopefully the lions can stay healthy (they will need it!!!)

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Overall a solid game. The 3 QBs looked good. Bullocks had 7 tackles and a fumble recovery. Ernie Sims was in on every play.

Looks like Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are falling farther and farther down the depth chart. I can't see any way that both are cut, but my money is on Charles being gone. This is now his FOURTH season in the bigs and he's shown NOTHING. No motivation. No effort. No remorse. No accountability.

The Lions have tried EVERYTHING with this guy. I think Mike Williams is still workable. Plus, cutting both of them would be a big hit on the cap.