[Yahoo! Sports] Lions 30, Falcons 14 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

The Detroit Lions made Michael Vick look ordinary, while Roy Williams was sensational in a 30-14 victory Sunday over the Atlanta Falcons. Detroit turned Vick's two first-half turnovers into touchdowns and Williams had a 60-yard TD early in the fourth quarter, lifting the Lions. Atlanta's electric quarterback threw for seven TDs and averaged 262 yards passing in the previous two games, both...

Link To Original Article

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yippee. The Lions will win just enough games to mess up their draft position.

On a positive note, the offense is really starting to click. Just imagine how good it would be if we didn't waste 3 top 10 picks in the past 4 seasons!

If we could somehow manage to get a legit #2 WR and a TE that can stretch the field in the offseason, this side of the ball will be all set. An upgrade on the O-line would be nice as well, but when healthy, these guys are ok. I'd much rather focus on the D side of the ball.

The defence needs a lot of help. We need a pass rushing end (Edwards is a bust), a run stopping MLB (maybe Lehman if he can stay healthy and gain more upper body strength), a physical #2 CB (Bryant is a decent tackler, if he can stay healthy, but I'd be much happier with him as the #3), solid nickel and dime CBs (Smith and Wilson haven't shown anything, and don't even mention Fletcher) and a ball hawking, coverage S would be nice (I like Bullucks, Holt is a good depth guy and Kennedy is decent against the run, but sucks in coverage).

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah that was the first thing I thought of too... damn Lions don't even know how to lose right :^) (just like beating N.O. near the end of last year)... ah well Millan would mess up the pick anyways

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and it's a tight race this year. 12 teams came in this week at 2-5 or 1-6!!

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At least they consistently follow the Lions M.O. Its been a typical Lions season so far:

GAME 1
    Hang close against a Superbowl contender (Seattle) that you're expected to get blown out by, giving fans hope for the season.

GAME 2
    Get blown out by a division opponent the next week

GAME 3
    See Game 2

GAME 4
    Give up a billion points to go 0-4, forcing fans to begin preparing their 2007 Mock Drafts.

GAME 5
    Their annual loss in Minny

GAME 6
    The team finally wins a "winnable" game, fans start thinking "Hey, maybe this is the turning point! We're only 3 games under .500".

GAME 7
    So much for that turning point.

BYE WEEK
    Fans think "Ok, the bye week will help us get healthy, then we'll see what this team can really do!"

GAME 8
    Win their obligatory annual "Holy crap, they actually beat a decent team?!?!" game. Fans start thinking "This is it, I knew this team would come around eventually. Here we go baby!"

UP NEXT:

GAMES 9 San Fran, 10 Arizona, 11 Miami. Three TOTALLY winnable games, followed by the Pats, the 3 divisional foes and Dallas to finish out the year.

My guess is they win 1 or 2 of the next 3, and then 1 of the next 5 to finish 5-11 or 6-10. That should be good enough for another top 10 pick.

6. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

One thing I learned back in 79' was to always stick with your team win or loose no matter how many years that way you don't become a fickel bandwagoner whatever year the team starts winning ah'hem Pistons,Tigers,Redwings,UofM(bball,football),Mich.State(bball,football),Shock

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Unbelieveable! Over the last 4 games R. Williams got 130 yds each game. Some kind of record. Good to see Kitna finding this guy.