[Yahoo! Sports] Lions cut Bradford; Panthers' Morgan won't play against Saints (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

The Detroit Lions cut wide receiver Corey Bradford on Wednesday and filled his spot on the roster with tackle Blaine Saipaia to help their banged-up offensive line. Bradford was signed in March as a free agent to a $7.4 million, four-year contract, which included a $2 million signing bonus. The Lions thought he would be a solid veteran to complement their young receiving corps.

Link To Original Article
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Lions cut Bradford; Panthers' Morgan won't play against Saints (A

What a joke. Our free agent starting wideout gets benched, then cut for a backup O-lineman.

Lions must like throwing away signing bonuses...
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Wow. This has to be the worse GM luck at the wide receiver postion in the history of football.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Lions cut Bradford; Panthers' Morgan won't play against Saints (A

HOLY CRAP!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!

Bradford has sucked, but I did NOT see this coming.

That's a nice $2 million cap hit for 3 weeks of work. Or I should say 1 week, since he was benched after the first game.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If all of these receivers kept getting injured, I'd call it bad luck. This I'd call inept. Millen has done this to himself. His track record with receivers especially is BEYOND horrible.

He forced Herman Moore out.

He forced Johnnie Morton out. The toughest receiver we've probably ever had. Then called him gay and wanted to fight him.

He signed Hakim (in and of itself not a bad idea, but he signed him as a #1 WR when he's much better suited as a slot guy)

He signed Bill "Alligator Arms" Schroeder

He drafted Charles "Pot Head" Rogers, Roy "Foot-in-Mouth" Williams and Mike "Fat & Lazy" Williams with his top 10 pick 3 years in a row.

Resigned Eddie "Brittle Bones" Drummond to a long term deal.

Signed Cory Bradford to a 4 year deal with a $2 million bonus, then releases him after 3 games.

I'm sure I've missed some others, but thats a pretty extensive list of stupidity. And that's just receivers!
  6. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

[Yahoo! Sports] Lions release veteran WR Bradford (SportsTicker)

ALLEN PARK, Michigan (Ticker) - Wide receiver Corey Bradford was not the right fit in Mike Martz's offense.

Link To Original Article
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Lions release veteran WR Bradford (SportsTicker)

This got totally lost in the T.O. sucide attempt. In reality though who cares. Like Bradford should had been signed in the first place. FIRE MILLEN!!!!:gun1: :yellowprison: