[Yahoo! Sports] Lions RB Kevin Jones could be done for the season (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

Detroit Lions running back Kevin Jones will not play at Green Bay on Sunday, and team officials are concerned his foot injury could keep him out a lot longer. Jones injured his left foot late in Sunday's 30-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings and was undergoing testing on Monday. He may have a fracture/dislocation of the foot, an injury that kept linebacker Teddy Lehman on the sidelines for nearly 12...

Link To Original Article

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, there goes our dream season.

Seriously though, I hope its not the same as Lehman's injury. I could live with losing him for the final 3 games of this year. Hopefully he's fully recovered by next season.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lehman's injury is so much nonsense anyways. It's like the guy fell off the face of the earth.

Looks like you can add RB to the list of draft needs. Adrian Peterson anyone?

4. jammertime

I'd like to see the Lions move down a few spots personally. I just don't think QB (Quinn), WR (Johnson) or RB (Peterson) are big enough needs on this team to justify the pick. I also don't think Millen (assuming he's still around then) can afford to pick a QB, WR, or RB. Most QBs take at least a year or two to develop. Most don't even see the field in their first season. The Lions can't afford to get nothing out of their top pick next season.

Either O line, D line, LB or CB the first 3 rounds minimum.

5. speilman54

speilman54 Second Round Draft Pick

Somebody help me out here. Just who is Teddy Lehman and why is he wasting the jersey #54.

6. jammertime

I really like Teddy. Some of his rookie stats:
    - He was the only rookie LB to play all 16 games in 2004.
    - He played more snaps than anyone else on the team (1054 on D and another 171 on special teams).
    - He was second on the team in tackles with 120.

Detroit Lions Site: Teddy Lehman

The one knock on him is that he lacks ideal size and upper body strength. But hopefully not having played in a year due to a lower body injury, he's had plenty of time to work on his upper body strength.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah dunno why lehman's been out all year, but it looks like shaun rogers and kevin jones have packed it up for the season.

i also don't understand why everyone wants quinn, or why he's regarded as the #1 pick. if he played anywhere other than notre dame he'd probably go 6th round, if at all. i'd take troy smith over quinn any day.

8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Peterson is going to be a bust. He can't freaking stay healthy in college. It will only get worse in the NFL where the players are bigger, faster and hit 10X harder.