[Yahoo! Sports] Packers 31, Lions 24 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

Brett Favre joined elite company with the 400th touchdown pass of his career, then added two more scores to lead the Green Bay Packers to their first win of the season, 31-24 over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. With his first TD pass of the game -- a 75-yarder to rookie Greg Jennings -- Favre joined Hall of Famer Dan Marino as the only quarterbacks to reach 400 touchdown passes.

Link To Original Article
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I didn't get the game out here. How did Kitna look? His stats were great.

And how can our defense hold Seattle to 9 and then give up this many to GB?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

TaShawn, the Lions suck.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kitna was solid. Not spectacular, but solid. The only INT he threw wasn't his fault at all. It bounced off the receiver's chest (I can't remember if it was Roy or Bradford) and into the air. The GB player was just in the right place at the right time. He threw behind Mike Furrey on 2 plays over the middle. One of which would have been a TD, the other would have kept a drive alive.

Some of my random thoughts on the game.

Dre Bly wiffed on the tackle on the Packers first TD. He is NOT a number one corner. He'd be a decent #2, but he gets beat far too often and isn't a good tackler.

Scott played well at RG.

Another costly false start on Backus on the last drive.

Jones looked good. He was hitting the holes, running hard and catching well. No turnovers either.

Roy had good numbers but had 2 drops by my count. He did make a nice adjustment on the long TD catch.

Eddie Drummond is tippy toeing around on returns. He doesn't look like the Drummond of old. He was never a blazing fast guy to begin with. So being passive out there is making him look even slower.

Nick Harris hasn't gotten it going so far. He already has more touch backs in 3 seasons than he did all last year.

Corey Bradford hasn't done anything so far this season. He's already been demoted and is no longer a starter. I don't see him regaining the starters role any time soon.

Hakim made a couple of nice grabs, nothing spectacular.

Oh my god, not only was Mike Williams active, but he was in for a couple of plays!!

As "great" as the d-line is supposed to be, they get very little pressure on the QB and even fewer (if any) sacks each game. Another goose egg today in the sack column. Until this line can get consistent pressure on the QB, they aren't a great line. They're great at stopping the run.

Sims led the team in tackles for the 3rd straight game. Bullocks was 2nd. I like these 2 guys a lot.

Fletcher played much better this game. He did well in coverage and made some nice tackles.

The offense is starting to come around. They threw deep at least 5 or 6 times that I can remember. A couple of the play calls on third down were a bit :confused: though. There were several times when they threw to a guy running a pattern 2 or 3 yards short of a first down. The pitch to Jones 4 yards in the back field on 3rd and 1 was another one. I really don't like pitch plays or off tackle runs on 3rd and short. Instead of only needing 1 yard, now you have to fight back 4 yards just to get to the line of scrimmage or run 10 yards across the width of the field just to get to the outside.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Who woulda thunk that it would only take 3 games for Marinelli to be double talking and lobbing weak answers in the post game presser?

That the team would stop hitting? That they would take a knee with 4 timeouts and 48 seconds on the clock?

That Marinelli would cave and play Mike Williams even though Tom the Killer Kowalski has been adamant that the kid hasn't earned the right to play?

Oh man, basketball and hockey can't start soon enough!
  6. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

You got that right. Also the Tigers in the playoffs. The only team left in the dust is the Lions. Same ol' same ol'.