[Yahoo! Sports] Patriots 28, Lions 21 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

Corey Dillon saved the sloppy Patriots from a stunning upset. His three short touchdown runs overcame 10 penalties, four turnovers and a safety and New England edged the Detroit Lions 28-21 Sunday. The Patriots didn't lead in the second half until Dillon scored on a 4-yard run with 2:33 left. Mike Vrabel's interception, his second of the game, sealed the victory against the team with the NFL's worst...

Link To Original Article
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

How many times have we seen this team settle for field goals when it needs to get aggressive and put the game away?

I swear, this team has turned me off of football.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was watching this game thinking "Please don't win. Please don't win."

Nothing good could have come from a W in this game or the rest of the season for that matter.

It would have been typical Lions to lose to 3 of the worst teams in the league 3 weeks in a row and then walk into New England and beat the Patriots in a meaningless game.

The more we lose, the more likely Millen will be gone and the better our draft pick will be.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

A very good point Jammer. A part of me always hopes they will win, but I know that it can only hurt in the long run. Get rid of Millen. A win can only hurt at this point in time.
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this was the best kind of win: competitive but also securing our draft position :D
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really, truely believe that this team isn't that far away from being half decent.

I'm not talking Super Bowl contenders or anything, but at least a threat to take the division in the next couple of years.

All but 2 of this years' losses have been by 7 or less points. They have some good pieces in place, they just need a few more on each side of the ball.

The Lions really need to get more out of their drafts. Not just the 1st round either. We need to get more out of our 2nd and 3rd round picks and occasionally hit on a diamond in the rough in the later rounds.

Only 2 of our last 5 first round picks - top 10 picks at that - are contributing in any way. Two of them we're still paying not to be on the team anymore. And what do we have to show for them? A sixth round pick that has the potential to be a 5th rounder if Joey can hang on to the starting job in Miami for the rest of the year.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I had Brady and 3 WRs in fantasy ...I got zilch. Pats couldn't even get up for the Lions in their own house.
    At least Bush finally exploded.