[Yahoo! Sports] Raiders 21, Lions 3 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

[Yahoo! Sports] Raiders 21, Lions 3 (AP)

Randy Moss and Aaron Brooks look as if they're already in midseason form. Moss caught two touchdown passes from Brooks and the Oakland Raiders opened the preseason with four straight wins for the first time since 1975, beating the Detroit Lions 21-3 Friday night. "It's going in the right direction," coach Art Shell said.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No Lions hi-lites to speak of. Looks like Millen will be frowning again this season at all games and laughing in private each time he cashes his paycheck:laugh:
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I watched the first half at work.

Pregame show...no mention of who the Raiders were playing. Just Raider highlights.

Game:

Offense: The Lions looked horrible. If that's Kitna's typical performance, forget it.

Defense: Nobody was even close to those Oakland receivers. Worst I've seen from the Lions that I can remember.

I didn't watch the second half.

Well, any false hopes I had for 8-8 and respectability are just about out the window already.

How embarrassing it is to root for the Lions when you live in another city. I mean, the game was over in the first minute.:mad::bored::frusty::redface::help:
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Didn't we roll over in the third game of the last pre-season (Rams?).

Then a feel good rebound against the Bills in Preseason Game 4.

Who we got next week?

SAME OL LIONS.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Same s#*t, different year.

FIRE THE FORDS!!!...and let Millen drive them and their bus load of crap out of Detroit to SOMEWHERE!...the ultimate destination has never been important to them anyway.

Until that day arrives, has anyone but me considered a new name for Ford Field? My suggestion:

'Job 2'...as we all know, the Fords are wipin their bums with the cash shelled out by the fans.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]God I'm getting really tired of these spoiled brats. I think Charles Rogers is officially a lost cause, and he'll be cut. But I really thought Mike Williams was starting to turn the corner.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2006_08.html#176297

Mike Williams gets benched

Receiver Mike Williams did not play a single snap on offense during Detroit's 21-3 preseason loss to the Oakland Raiders on Friday.

When asked if Williams got on the field, head coach Rod Marinelli replied: “No, guys earn their time in practice.''

When asked to elaborate, Marinelli said: "I’ll just leave it at that.’’

After the game, Williams was not seen in the locker room.
    [/FONT]
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Alex Lewis made a couple plays. I listened on the radio.
    Musta been the jetlag.
    Preseason.
    This just means good passing teams will kill us.
  8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Same old Lions. Its the players. They all blow. We have accumulated a team reaking the stinch of a steaming pile of horse@%*! :eek: Millen and the Fords will never get it right.:frusty:
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Same old Lions. Its the players. They all blow. We have accumulated a team reaking the stinch of a steaming pile of horsecrap :eek: Millen and the Fords will never get it right.:frusty:

I have never seen a team full of misfits as this one in my whole life. The mental errors the poor attitudes and the poor physical conditioning. How can other teams have a players that have pride in what they do and work hard to be the best while we have players here who come in over weight, get high , come late to team meetings and then have the nerve to go to sleep while watching film. Unreal
  10. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The lions are what I like to call "Consistant Chokers". From all the lions games I've watched, I've been taught to expect the Lions to lose. And if they win, I see it as a maricle. And luck on top of it, even in the preseason/scrimmages!