[Yahoo! Sports] Roethlisberger undergoes appendectomy, will miss season opener (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Media Guy, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

Ben Roethlisberger had an emergency appendectomy Sunday and will miss Pittsburgh's season opener at home with Miami, the NFL's marquee opening-night game. Coach Bill Cowher said he was not sure how long his quarterback, who became ill before practice, will be out. Charlie Batch, the former Lions starter who was 2-0 as a fill-in last season when Roethlisberger hurt his knee, will start against the...

Link To Original Article

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Roethlisberger undergoes appendectomy, will miss season opener (A

Hahahaha Charlie Batch.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Roethlisberger undergoes appendectomy, will miss season opener (A

Actually, the laugh is on the Lions. Our 4th last QB will be opening the season for the defending champs under center.

:(

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah...and he's 2-0 as a starter for them. This franchise will always SUCK until the Ford's don't own them anymore...bad karma

5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think you guy's are giving Charlie Batch too much credit. Those two games he won was on the back of the Steelers defense. He passed for like 90 yards in one game and no more than 120 in the other game. He also had a number of turnovers if I recall correctly. Then again a win is a win even if it is ugly I suppose. :ohwell: