Y'all realize that...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, May 19, 2006.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

...if the Pistons continue their playoff run, they'll play each of their next THREE games in the Palace, right?

I heard at various times during the season on the DetNews forum that home court advantage didn't matter all that much. Anyone out there still think that?

2. max

max All-Star

I think homecourt talk was meant for the Finals and not the 2nd round. As it turns out the Pistons have a big advantage now in this series.

We will see on Sunday. I believe the Pistons will pull it out and will play their best game of the series. But they cannot let up.

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

LOL!...that's why I don't visit detnews any longer :)

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm talking about a combination of this round and the next. Pistons can advance and then stay at the Palace until Game 3 of the conference finals. Home court gives you more room for error. Not that I'm comfortable with how much of that room they've already been using!

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The lack of travel will work to their advantage.

Still gotta get Game 7. This is not a done deal. We gotta guard against overconfidence.

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Micro speaketh the truth, nothing but the truth

Especially now we have to guard against it. The fans, the coaches, and our team must stay sharp and hungry. If this team really does do better with its back against the wall, let's try to help them keep it there. Remember we just lost to this team in the Palace to this team a few days ago. And its been four games ago that we dominated them.

That said, I think we will win. I just don't want to jinx it by assuming that we will. You know, acting out of the same sense of entitlement that we keep criticizing our team for. This would be hypocritical.

I have a chalk countdown on my garden sidewalk. After this latest scare, I'm not putting all 16 numbers down. I'm taking it one chalk number at a time from now on. I joyfully crossed off no. 7, and then chalked down the new goal, no. 8.

GO PISTONS!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :fingerscr WE DO SO BELIEVE!!!!!