You Cant Win If You Dont Score

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Cuz, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz Second Round Draft Pick

The Pistons beat themsleves last night.
    I have never seen Detriot MISS so many shots as they did in the 4th and you cant expect to win game, especially a playoff game if your not making a higher percentage of shots.

We were able to shut James down, unfortunatly Gibson came back and made 4 nice 3 pointers (12 points). Factor in the 3 points that Sheed cost us near the end and that alone was the difference in points.

I think they said Prince was 16/64. Its one thing to have a bad night or even two but to have 5 straight is pathedic. Sorry but I think Sheed and Prince need to go. I am no longer a fan as long as Sheed is in the house, he's to much of a risk and he could care less what he costs us..

Cuz
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Tayshaun was dead. He just shouldn't be playing 45+ mpg. Sheed is the only one who seemed to care after the game, I have no idea what you are talking about.

The team had 6 horrible games in a row again.
  3. Cuz

Everytime he gets called for a foul, he acts like a 2 year old. Sheed has a temper problem and its also effecting the other players because they have to continually go over and tell him to keep his yap shut.. It happens to much, to often now. He cost us 3 points at at the most crucial time of the game, which could of been prevented.

I never said he wasnt good but I teach my son that morals are more important. This game is for the kids too and I dont appreciate my son having to read his dirty lips everytime he gets a call. I say youst him.

Cuz
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He kept his poise till the end. He was the only one focused this postseason. Sheed does lose his temper, but I will take that over a no show.
  5. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

there are dirty mouths all over the league.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Indeed. KG says some of the most foul things you will ever hear.

Shipping Wallace out for a lesser talent isn't the answer necessarily. And if you're teaching morals, it's easy to use a Saint as an example. Teaching a kid about what Sheed does wrong and what Sheed does right is where the work begins.
  7. Cuz

I will agree with that

Cuz
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Sheed cares, and he's and extremely emotional player. That's why you see the outbursts. He was the only one showing that he cares during the playoffs. Tay was dead from playing all those minutes. You can't stay in the great playing shape chasing the opposing team's #1 scoring option for 45 minutes per game with one day off in between.
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

Completely agree, Himat. Rasheed was playing with fire. I'll take that over "oh well, maybe next year" any day.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

You can't win if you don't score, and you get fewer chances to score if you don't rebound.
  11. mikhail1973

I wonder if Amir could help with that. Also, another issue is finishing after you get the board. How many misses had Dyess and Sheed had off the offensive board? Too many to my liking.
  12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Our GM and our coach need to have a meeting of the minds. They need to sit down before anything is done and figure out what kind of team we are building. Assuming they agree on the type of team they want and that they agree that Flip can coach that type of team; move accordingly.

Here is what I see. Starters next year are CBills, Rip, Tay, Sheed and Samb. This is our "slow it down and set it up" line up.

Second unit: Law, Delfino, Amir, Maxey and ?. This is our "get up and down the floor" line up full of athletes.

We can start and end the games with our experienced slow it down line up while we wear them out in the middle. Kind of like a boxer that takes his opponent 10 rounds and where's him out.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I like the lineups. No Flip as coach though.

Second Unit C: Dale, Nazr, or Joe makes a FA move for a better big man. Do you think we wil even move Samb up here?

It would put Amir and Sheed as starters instead of Samb and Sheed. Amir better bulk up though.
  14. Delfino Delivers

I know it is against everything we have done in the past but maybe the rest of the starters can help cover for Samb to start the season while he learns his role. Meanwhile he concentrate on blocking shots and posting up.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The regular season doesn't matter. So expirmenting with lneups does not matter at all. We have seen the 2 seed make the Finals for a long time. You are right.
  16. mikhail1973

I think we may be getting somewhat ahead of ourselves. Who ever said that Samb is an adequate NBA starter? All we know is that he's destroying a minor league in Europe. He's young. He's talented. But it doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA. Amir needs some significant minutes, but we're not sure if he can be a solid contributor at this stage. Only playing time can show it one way or another. The questions is whether he's worried about sitting on the bench for another year. Darko was promised playing time, but that never materialized. JMax is a sold option off the bench, but that's all. We need a proven scorer to come off that bench. Otherwise our second unit is going to stall once they come in without much offense.
  17. Delfino Delivers

I am not looking at Samb to give us 20 and 10. I want him to learn on the job and do what he can do.

If we put AJ, Max, Fino, Law? and ? on the floor and open things up; we should be able to get some points.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would have taken a 0-0 tie against Cleveland. Man would Stern have hated that outcome.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's a game that only LB, Ben Wallace and linwood could have loved. :)
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

?=Dice. I don't care if he is the slowest one out of that group. He is a top 6th man.

Law?= Perfect guy to backup Chauncey. He must get time to play because he needs to get experienced.

I hate this though because even though the Pistons would have a great 10 man rotation they won't do it.:rant: