You want it, ok Dyess time to deliver

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Antonio Mcdyess (to me) was a candidate for 6th man of the year earlier in the season. He was instant offense coming off the Pistons bench and contributed on the defensive end also.

Much has been said about Dice ressurecting his career here in Detroit, and at times he has looked like the younger version of Dyess.

Perhaps nobody was more upset at the loss to the Spurs in the Finals last year than Dyess was. Afterall, he didn`t take part in the championship celebration the previous year and was so close, to see it slip away in 2005.

Dyess hit a slump when his bench mate Carlos Arroyo was traded to Orlando. The chemistry he and Arroyo had on the "pick and pop" was very good indeed. His offense struggled however, upon the departure of Arroyo but he continued to do the little things like rebounding and playing defense.

With Sheed hobbling and Dyess finding his groove and hunger for that ring again, now is the time to go after that championship with all he has. Game 6 Dyess should see more action especially if Sheed is not effective. Flip must make him our primary inside option. Flip make the call, make the adjustment. This is it, an elimination game put it all out there.

I can see it now, not only will Dyess hit that 12 foot jumper, he will do couple of reverse pivot fakes and go to the hole and slam on our friend the poster boy, Alonzo Mourning!

So Mr. McDyess, if you really want this championship game 6 may be your first oppurtunity to prove it.
  2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i've been calling for mcdyess to get major minutes for a long time. he was rolling at the end of the regular season and soon as we had a tight game in the playoffs flip tightened his rotation. to me especially in this series where the rule is to foul ben if he is near a layup. i think mcdyess should be getting way more minutes than ben. the way he is shooting he should be getting more minutes than sheed. a rolling mcdyess is a good thing to have because he just isn't reluctant to put the ball in the hole and he will go to the hole and offensive rebound unlike sheed.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The broadcasters keep retelling that story about Dyess after that devasting Cav's loss sitting on the bench and then going directly to his car and heading home. How did he do that? Did he leave the keys in his car?
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The game was in San Antonio, did he drive to Detroit by himself? I drove from Dallas to Detroit before, that`s a drive, trust me.
  5. Capn

Capn First Round Draft Pick

What do you think about creating a variation of the WOW lineup that was used in the past... instead of Okur, have McDyess in there with the two Wallaces, and then slide Tay over to the 2 guard (so he can guard Wade) and then have Billups at the point?

I keep hearing people ask why Tay isn't guarding Wade, and it's because who is going to guard Walker? Rip? That would lead to more fouls for him.

Bring out the WMW lineup.
  6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm also one of those who'd love to roll the Dice- I mean, Sheed's play has been a joke since his injury. If he can't do more than hanging around at the perimenter, he does not deserve to stay on court as long as there is a more than just hungry Mc Dyess sitting outside- I'm sure he'd play the game of his live if he just got about 35 minutes against Miami. If not, at least we tried- right now, I think even Darko or Jmax or Amir Johnson would do a better job than Sheed. Either he wakes up or he says hello to his new friend, the bench. But as far as I know Flip, he's gonna stick to Sheed, dreaming of him waking up and showing his post play. Flip, do something usefull and show you're more than just a regular-season-wonder
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

McDyess

Game - Minutes - Points - Rebounds

1 - 24 - 10 - 4
    2 - 13 - 3 - 4
    3 - 23 - 9 - 4
    4 - 22 - 2 - 7
    5 - 19 - 12 - 6

He's turned in 2 stinkers in 5 games. His last game was good, but let's not get carried away with how great he has been playing. Dice has good games and games where he disappears just like everyone else. Dice is capable of turning in near double-double performances. The last such game was #5 versus Cavs. In the first round, he was at a near double-double pace every game.

Let's hope he is still hot in game 6.
  8. bball jay

ben had a few stinkers
    game 1
    39 min 6 pts 14 rebs 0-2 free throws
    game 2
    36 min 9 pts 12 rebs
    game 3
    33 min 2 pts 6 rebs 2 - 10 free throws
    game 4
    30 min 4 pts 11 reb 0 - 2 free throws
    game 5
    34 min 8 pts 7 rebs 2 - 4 free throws

rasheed has had a few stinkers.
    game 1
    32 min 7 pts 3 rebs 3 - 10 fgs
    game 2
    38 min 16pts 7 rebs
    game 3
    35 min 11pts 10 rebs
    game 4
    28 min 12pts 5 rebs 5-13 fg
    game 5
    41 min 7 pts 5 rebs 3 -11 fg

it's not what mcdyess has been doing it's what he's capable of. he is capable of being a 20 and 10 guy. ben isn't ever going to do that. sheed doesn't want to do that right now. so mcdyess has the ability and the desire that's why he should be getting the majority of the minutes.

there is no hack-a-mcdyess. there is no foul him if he is close to the basket rule on mcdyess.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yep, you always look at other players to justify. Pretty typical.

Sounds like the Darko chicken and egg theory.

He was a 20-10 guy twice. Most recently 5 years ago.

Bla blabla. Last time I checked, the Wallaces had rings.

McDyess cannot defend anyone. He's brutally foul prone and he's been game on, game off. Friday is a scheduled day off.

You obviously missed the end of Game 5.
  10. bball jay

yup. i back up my opinions. isn't that the way it should be??

yup. i see you and flip have the same substitution philosophy. no matter if the starter is getting it done or not we keep the starter in the game. it's weird every egg that i called has hatched. it makes no sense not to see what an established veteran could do. now you guys had points when you said we can't play young guys cause now isn't the time to experiment but mcdyess is no experiment.

when was rasheed ever???? when was ben ever???

yup. so that shows he's capable. he's regained that form so we need to take advantage of that. we shouldn't be scared to break up or upset the "best starting 4.5".

last time i checked neither one of them looked hungry for another one.
    dice would have his ring too if sheed didn't double. if ben didn't take games off in the finals last year. mcdyess is hungry and ready to play ben is satisfied with dpoy and looking for a big payday.

yup. ben's been doing a great job on shaq. 1 block does not equal being able to defend. shaq has been abusing him and resting on defense and playing zone. sheed doesn't have mobility that's why he's in early foul trouble even when he's checking haslem. i'll agree mcdyess gets messed over by the zebra's but so what let him foul out. we can always bring ben or sheed back in.

has sheed even showed up this series??? if mcdyess is taking days off then sheed must be on extended leave.

yes. i saw mcdyess knock his free throws down. it's not hack a mcdyess if he hits the free throws. it's miami giving away 2 points.