Your Ideal Off-Season? Here's mine.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Latinoking90, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Listen Up Mr. Joe Dumars. I'm going to save your job. | Bleacher Report

Hope you enjoy it. Don't just look at the pictures.
  2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Well, i would hate to see Dice playing for Cleveland.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Not a whole lot was said there. I'm in favor of keeping both Sheed (though he has worn on my nerves the last couple of years) and Dyess. Give Sheed a one year deal... Dyess 2 years.
  4. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

BOOOO!

1. Sheed is the glue.
    2. Draft Thabeet, then go after Bosh AND Chris Kaman? Daaaah.
    3. Flip could get us to the NBA Finals. He got fired. Avery Johnson couldn't win with that stacked Dallas team.
  5. airmcnair06

airmcnair06 Second Round Draft Pick

i dont think its a good idea to let dyess go....i would actually call HIM the sacred cow over stuckey right now to be honest. we do need a big man though. i dont think avery johnson is the answer...plus his voice is annoying, i couldnt stand watchign his press conferences for a year...lol
  6. max

max All-Star

Lets keep in mind that Amir is only 21 years old. This should be his senior year in college.

I would be tempted to keep Amir for his potential, Kwame for his size and see what else we can do. Front court must the the top priority this summer.

I do like Dyess but he will be 35 next year. If he wants to sign for a 1 year that would be great.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Those two statements seem to contradict each other...if Saunders could get us to the NBA Finals, he would not have been fired.

I do agree, however, that if the haters get their wish and Sheed is gone...this team will be much worse off than it was this year.
  8. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I hope Saunders has a successful coaching career whever he lands. Just wish he coulda done it here.

I for one...wanted Sheed to be named captain last season since I thought his energies could be better served mentoring the youth of the team. Since we've ditched Saunders and Billups and our record went into the tank, I believe we should finish the housecleaning and say bye to Sheed. It's time...
  9. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

1. Trade Stuckey to move up in the 2009 draft

2. Trade out of the 2010 draft completely

3. Let our aging, jumpshooting frontcourt walk

4. Decline Bynum's team option, let takers in the free market give a feel for his market value

5. Resign Bynum for four years @ 4.5 million dollar average (slightly above market value in a crappy market)

6. Trade 2009 second rounders for utility guys/roleplayers/rebounding PFs + Centers
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Please explain what you mean by "haters" in the context of this statement.

I for one, do not hate Rasheed Wallace (although I AM tired of what I perceive as his crappy attitude...I do NOT hate the Pistons, although I do NOT like them or the NBA very much these last couple of years...and I also believe that the team would be better off without Wallace at this time (with some good free agent moves).

However, if you consider me a "hater", I will take exception to that and tell you flat out that you are mistaken and have over generalized.

Again, I'm not assuming you have done that, and that is why I am asking for clarification. :darthvader:
  11. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Some decent ideas...Stuckey definitely needs someone to mentor him the point guard position...Boozer doesn't play a lick of defense but if were counting on a power forward in the free agency then he's the only option unless we can snatch one from a cash-strapped team......New Orleans would give up Chandler, Peja, Mo Peterson..I don't see them giving up David West...Amare from Phoenix? We all have discussed Amare in Detroit thoroughly back in Febuary so I'm not getting into it.

Would the Wizards give up their first round draft picks to save money? I can't imagine it, unless we send them future first-round draft picks for the future.

I would like to Stuckey develop into a true point guard over the summer...learning to go left would not hurt either.....Tayshaun needs to learn to go to his right lol....I think were set at PG with Stuckey and Bynum...

We have an ideal SG in Hamilton...SF definitly needs major improvment..
    At PF we need at least one star caliber low-post scorer..At C something needs to changed...I would like to keep Sheed and Dyess and give them a bench role...

Where we need most improvment:
    1. PF
    2. SF
    3. C
    4 SG
    5. PG
  12. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Stuckey does need a true PG to mentor him into a true PG. I agreed with the article that he is currently a "combo" gaurd. By no means do I feel we are "set" at PG. If we can upgrade this position we should do it. I DON'T think Rip is the ideal SG but he gets the job done. I would have rather seen him traded than Billups but that's just my preference. At SF Tay has a lot of value, I just wonder if the Pistons are the team to get that value. I am of the opinion that he flourishes in that "background" roll. If he's counted on as a team leader he's inconsistant and too quiet. I think we need to keep Dyess if possible at PF because he's got the PISTON attitude. This man has red, white and blue written all over him. I tend to feel that Center is our most important position simply because we don't have one! The thing that needs to be changed is going from no center to a quality center. Here's how I see our team needs in order of urgency this off-season whether it be through free agency or draft.

1 - COACH
    2 - Center
    3 - Power Forward
    4 - Point Guard
    5 - Small Forward
    6 - Shooting Guard

GET IT DONE JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

You have to move forward dude. Sheed should go to a contender or simply retire. He's losing his passion for the game IMO.

It was simply chooses, not get all of them.

Really? Because all I remember is him not EVENING getting passed the ECF.

Avery Johnson was fired simply for Mark Cuban being inpatient. Look if they would have let Devin Harris have a bigger role. SHAQ by himself could handle Dirk and Dampier. Dampier sucks.

Why???

Do you see the Pistons becoming instantly contenders next season? For all the talks of MC and Flip not playing Amir, it's simply because Sheed/McDyess can still play. I want to see how Curry (if he's still the coach) or someone else handle this team without Sheed and McDyess. They would basically be force to play Amir and Maxiell.

PS. I am not a hater Low...I just want to move forward.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

It's just my opinion, but I don't think Max or Amir are really "starting" material. We do need to upgrade our frontcourt, either through free agency, the drafts, or trades (this being the most likely).
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

After the Pistons upgrade their frontcourt aren't they still going to be left with a 1,2 and 3 who can't get their own shots, create them for someone else, handle the ball or shoot from outside?

That is going to have to be some upgrade to the frountcourt.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. Dallas might have won a title by now if they had kept Harris and Johnson. Cuban's an idiot.
  17. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I simple do not agree with any of this Avery Johnson talk.
    You can talk down Flip, you can say Cuban is an idiot, but Avery Johnson is no better.

What has he done? Lost in the first round with a team that won 67 games? At least Flip took the Pistons to the ECF.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Sign Rip, Tay & Stuckey long term immediately. I don't care if it violates all of the NBA's rules and the Pistons don't get another draft pick until 2055.
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm thinking more a long the lines of getting rid of all 3 guys. :nerner:
  20. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

What are you guys thoughts about possibly trading up in the draft, and going after Ricky Rubio?