Your next Detroit Piston

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Warthog, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Charles Rogers. He wouldn't even have to move.

Discuss.
  2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

dang, rough crowd eh? is this thing on? :eyebrows:
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not feeling the Charles Rogers move WH even though I'm from Saginaw. I think the next move the Pistons make will be to fill the huge void left by the departure of coach Sid Lowe. Who could be the next Piston assistant/hallway coach? My nomination is....

[​IMG]
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Charles Rogers is a slow, lazy athlete with drug issues. This is our next Piston?

Bring on the coach basketbills nominated. He's literally bursting at the seams with lineup combinations.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Football season's started already?;)
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

how bout dan wilkinson? i'd like to see wade drive in the lane against him lol
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:laugh:. Yeah the Pistons need a guy who'll just come off the bench to fight with the other teams star. Both guys would get ejected and the Pistons would win.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The thought of getting a big that could send Shaq on his backside is juicy... sign em up.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

My peeps say Barkley is in training for a return...10,000 calorie-a-day diet regimen. Bring back Mahorn too and the entire paint would disappear.
  10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah, it would be like those Hockey Goalies that fill the whole goal with their big backside! And if the paint was all filled up with massive dense bods, then a perimeter jumpshooting team would be just what the NBA ordered! Hooray for Detroit! :nod:

Ernie Johnson: "Just a few seasons ago, Kenny the Jet Smith, there was a statistic for paint points and a position called Center! That was before Hall of Famer Charles Barkley left TNT to return to the game. He and some other VERY BIG AND OUT OF SHAPE PLAYERS created a new position that is changing the face of the NBA, that of Big Azz Paint Goalie." :laugh:
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

The old 'Thump-N-Bump' duo could be resurrected as 'Thump-N-Bounce'...players driving the lane would get called for over-and-back violations.
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ah, no thanks on Rogers being my next Detroit Piston. I don't even want him being my current Detroit Lion. :frusty:
  13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Who ever it is he better be big and be able to play.

One of the problems the Pistons had this year against Miami was that Flipper played Sheed on Shaq. But then unfortunately he didn't have anyone else. That was totally ridculous. Sheed can't guard Shaq anymore than I guard LeBron.

The Pistons need at least one and preferably two legitimate 7 footers. They had two in Memo and Darko but Memo was let go for one title and Darko gave up on this team 2 years ago.

Big Ben ain't big. What is he 6'8" maybe. Its time that Pistons got a real 7 footer.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

See Shaq yesterday? Had a playoff low of 5 points in a huge game for the Heat. The reason? They had 2 or 3 7 footers switching up and doubling Shaq and fronting him to keep him from getting the ball. Shaq only put up 5 shots. Ben's got heart, but not the size. Who should we get then?