Your Teams

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by rdang, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

i waived barry

I got impatient and cut barry for chucky a. I still would like to get tay but don’t know who I should trade for him like I said I am leaning on parker.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I think thats one of the reasons they have the Utility spots.

The center position was played primarily by Harrison and Foster last year for Indiana, but I do see your point. Some of their classifications for players are a tad bit ridiculous and it does seem that they are slow to update positon changes. The PF/C thing seems to always be an issue.
  3. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

You guys beat me too it

Just got done drafting today and I am pretty happy with my roster.

PG- Allen Iverson
    SG- Joe Johnson
    G- Kirk Hinrich
    SF- Donyell Marshall
    PF- Elton Brand
    F- Rasheed Wallace
    C- Samuel Dalembert
    C- Chris Kaman
    Util- Quentin Richardson
    Util- TJ Ford
    Bn- Voshon Lenard
    Bn- Mike Sweetney
    Bn- Shaun Livingston
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Dave drafted Sheed?
    The irony:)
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just shows that Dave is a smart drafter and has the inside optimism on a great season for Sheed under Flip.

Fantasy bball is not partisan. The moment you get focused on drafting your favorite Pistons is when you lose. Pistons generally are poor fantasy performers. This year may be different although reduced minutes could negate the individual numbers.
  6. MotownPride

Helluva squad.

TJ Ford is a great sleeper pick.

I'm curisous to see how well Quentin and Voshon will perform for you.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

My Team

• Steve Francis
    • Jason richardson
    • Antawn Jamison
    • Amare Stoudemire
    • Eddy Curry
    • Samuel Dalembart
    • Grant Hill
    • Donyell Marshall
    • Brad Miller
    • Jalen Rose
    • Gerald Wallace
    • Jason Williams
  8. DaviaG-Rap

Sheed

He is pretty good for fantasy bball. He gives you Rebs, blocks and 3's. Maybe under Flip he can get some assists too. Plus, he was a pretty good value late in the 5th round. I did take him over K-Mart and C-Webb so it was a bit of a slappy pick.
  9. MotownPride

Nice squad!

Your team is very balanced. Your centers, shooting guards and forwards will all contribute in the assist area for you. I think you will suprise some guard heavy teams in regards to assists as alot of fantasy team owners don't normally expect to see that much imact from any positon other than point guard. All of your players should perform well. Your only weaknesses appear to be in shot blocking and turnovers. You will probably be in the middle of the pack as it relates to free throws, 3 point shots and field goal percentage. Strong areas for you team will most likely be points, assists and steals.
  10. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I just picked up all my waivers :cool:. Telfair, Livingston, Kristic and Bonzi Wells. Now all I need to do is get rid of Tim Thomas...

I can't wait till the season starts now.
  11. MotownPride

Excellent! Congrats!
  12. DaviaG-Rap

question

I picked Voshon Lenard late in my Draft, but I am thinking of picking up JR Smith or possibly James Posey off of waivers. Who would be the best option? I already have plenty of 3-pt shooting (Iverson, Joe Johnson, QRich, Marshall, Hinrich), which is Lenards specialty.
  13. MotownPride

Okay, I think it is safe to say, based on your squad, that field goal pct. is not an area you are overly concerned about. :) ..so this makes picking up JR Smith a very attractive possiblity for you. I think he definitely has more scoring potential than Posey.

Now, if you think you are sitting pretty with scoring....purely based on upside, I would pick up James Posey as he is the most well-rounded of the two and he will give you more rebounding, cut turnovers/poor field goal pct. down a bit and also give you some three point shooting. Posey is a bit of an enigma though because we don't know how much time he is going to get in Miami.

If I had to guess, I would say that JR. Smith is probably the direction you want to go in.

J.R Smith will most assuredly start. Once he puts up a 20 point game he will be one of the first players to go in free-agency as 20 point scorers are a commodity. He will also contribute to your steals column which is another important statistical category for your team.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thanks! I won't be facing you any time because I'm not in the same league as you. I think they factor in injuries too so I might trade Grant Hill. Ive got a tough first game though the guy has: Baron Davis, Raymond Felton, Shaun Livingston, Larry Hughes, Shaq, Shawn Marion, Darius Miles, Cuttino Mobely, Morris Peterson, Keith Vanhorn, Chris Webber, and Derron Williams. Lucky for me that Chris Webber isn't as good as he used to be.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Uh-oh

You know how Amare's injured... he's on my fantasyteam, and they made him injured too. He's my best player, and he's going to be out for a while.:frusty::mad: