You're the GM: Pistons' offseason

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Laimbrane, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

ILP? Is that some sort of medication?
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This made me laugh out loud.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's probably time to give Kwame another chance. Let Kander take a shot at trying to stretch out his hands a bit.
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Greg Oden and Stuckey trade scenario

Two things I would try to swing if I were trying to turn nothing into something-

1.) Resign Stuckey to a long term deal and promptly trade him to Cleveland for the rights to swap the #4 and the #8.

This gives the Cavs a "dynamic young point guard" and allows us to draft Brandon Knight.

Since the Cavs would be using that traded player exception more players could possibly be involved in the trade.

2.) Take the MLE, outbid everybody else and roll the dice on Greg Oden.

I didn't like him out of college as the #1 pick, but this seems more and more like a vintage Dumars move. If anyone can get this 23 year old "20 and 10" waiting to happen right physically it's Kander.

It's a big gamble but the potential payoff is HUGE. Point guard that actually D's up, with players like Oden, Monroe, JJ and Daye behind him.
  5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Hardly. They are two players away (we can forget the bench right now). They now know that Noah is an energy bench substitute. He does not have consistent talent to match any depth in a starting front line...this is void one. Void two, is that they need the right shooting type guard. By right, I mean an in-step flow that will feed off movement types. They have an exceptional half-step-one in Deng (he knows how to slash). The other should be a slightly modified runner that deals in the mid-range and this is another positive half-step direction. Both will take cues from Rose, who might understand that a certain maturation level from his most recently lofted perch, would give him the additional perception in understanding that secondary power (those that have the power to hurt, but do not hurt)...gives the rest more primary power.

5....DeAndre Jordan
    4....Boozer
    3....Deng
    2....Rip
    1....Rose

Now with this lineup (and an energy bench), you push, push, push. This is the only way you will stay with Miami.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I would say that Boozer is a liability for the Bulls. If they had a PF that also could defend, they can still win the title with Noah as the starting 5 (plus a proper SG).
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Noah was overextended with the loss of Asik.