[YOUTUBE] Maxiell & Acker Pre-Draft Videos

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 25, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

When we drafted Jason Maxiell, I don't remember where I was, but it was in front of a computer, so I went to Yahoo Sports to get more info on this guy because I had no idea who he was.

They had these short clips which have now disappeared into the internet abyss of time, until Slippy inspired me to dig up some footage of Alex Acker, a player many people haven't seen play much if at all.

Anyway, here is the Maxiell video. I remember my first impression was, 'Wow, I think we got a real steal here." This guy could move, rise and block, he could dunk like the baddest man on the planet, and he had a smooth and soft outside shot.

Set to "New Millenium Homes" by Rage Against the Machine. I figure the lines "Hungry people don't stay hungry for long, they get hope from fire and smoke as they reach for the dawn" and "A fire in the master's house is set" were appropriate.

YouTube - Jason Maxiell Pre-Draft Highlights

Here is the Acker video. It's not a lot, but makes it pretty clear that this kid scores in an effortless manner. He's just smooth, make or miss. It's that kind of creepy, unassuming poise that Tayshaun Prince has.

Set to the first half of "Golden Brown" by Drive Like Jehu.

YouTube - Alex Acker Pre-Draft Highlights

Sorry in advance about the video quality. I had junk to work with, and can't seem to find a way to make YouTube stuff look good.

2. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

You know who Jason Maxiell reminds me of so much??? Corliss Williamson. They're both 6'7" and undersized PF that play with a lot of energy. I think Maxiell's nickname should be "The Big Maxy" which is similar to Williamson's "The Big Nasty"

3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer